Dreamcatcher

This is something I really wanted to make into a comic, but I know that I won't be able to make it anytime soon so... I'll just write it down.

I haven't given this character details like gender, age and name but here's the basic stuff about their akumatization:

The person got really tired of all the nightmares they've had and no tips or tricks work for them. So when they got really upset because of the aftermath of the nightmares, Hawkmoth decides to interfere as usual. The person becomes Dreamcatcher, they create order in the world of dreams and catches the nightmares so they stop causing problems for people. What's fun is that Dreamcatcher is not the only one who can enter the world of dreams and there's a lot of dreams in that world...

You see where I'm going?

---

"Eh... Chat?"

Chat Noir looked back to not see Ladybug standing in the corridor, but floating up in the ceiling. He wanted to giggle, but he didn't have the nerve to express anything other than a simple smile and a silent chuckle, "Calm down, Ladybug, it's okay." He walked to where she was without breaking eye contact with his partner who almost looked like she was glued to the ceiling.

"You know, I've always looked up to you, this just makes it literate," he pointed out before reaching up with both of his hands which she soon grasped, "Just calm down and keep your eyes on me."

Soon, gravity returned to her and she felt ground under her feet again, "Thanks, Chat."

"No problem, I've done it a lot of times," he confessed as they continued to walk down the hallway.

She raised an eyebrow, "What? Are you a psychologist?"

"No, but my mom taught me how to control and enjoy dreams. You just have to calm down, find a happy thought and things will seem less bad," he explained.

Ladybug smiled, her partner showed such confidence. It felt great to know that at least one of them knew how to get around in the new world that they were in; the world of dreams where the laws of physics are just a concept.

Soon, they reached a new corridor that had A LOT of doors. Arranged like a normal prison; levels and levels of doors, it seemed to be in perfect order. Ladybug thought for a moment before taking a step back and look up. She saw a sign above the entrance to the corridor.

"Dreamcatcher must've already been here. This is the arrondissement that was under attack." she pointed out, remembering the event that happened a few minutes ago. Dreamcatcher had caused a ruckus to make someone's biggest fear come true which granted them a passage to the dream world somehow.

"So... they have sorted the Parisians' dreams based on arrondissements and then sorted out the nightmares which explain that group of scary-looking doors on the web up there." Chat Noir pointed up in the ceiling behind them where, as he said, a web with the look of a dreamcatcher held dozens of doors with shapes and decorations of scary themes; vicious dinosaurs, vampires, shadows and demons. It was a bit odd, but there was also a door covered in glitter and pony plushies. But then again, you should never judge a book by its cover.

"Let's go to the next corridor, then," she told him and ran down the hall. When they reached it, she looked up to see the number of the arrondissement. It was her own. She had to remember not to mention that. It was quite obvious that it hadn't been visited by Dreamcatcher, but they could still be there. All they knew is that Dreamcatcher was after nightmares specifically and was looking for something dangerous enough to use to their advantage when fighting the heroes. "Okay, let's split up, I take the right and you take the left. Just take a peek that is long enough for you to tell if it's a good or bad dream, you can never really trust the decorations of the doors."

"Yea, I can imagine the difference between the doors for an admirer of scary animals and someone with zoophobia." Chat Noir commented before beginning his search.

It took some time for them, but thanks to the lack of physical laws, it wasn't too hard. Thankfully, they didn't bump into any dreams that were... scarring, so to speak. And to see so many positive dreams, Ladybug started to think that Dreamcatcher really is in that corridor and has sorted out the nightmares she should've seen but has just not come to the part of fixing the mess yet.

After going through maybe fifteen doors, Ladybug reached a door that seemed a little bit familiar. It was simple and colourful, some flowers and plants decorated the frame and a cute group of Ladybugs flew around a flowerbed at the bottom. Sadly, she felt too stressed to admire it further. She opened the lid to the peephole which looked like a dreamcatcher the size of her hand and looked in. It was a little dark, but she could see a very welcoming interior. There was a fire in the fireplace and a couch in front of it, someone was sitting in it. She couldn't see the face for some reason, it was as if the dream had no info on how she looked. But she was a very good looking woman with raven hair and dressed in very neat clothing; a simple and warm turtlenecked shirt and sweatpants.

Ladybug was both unsure if it was a good or bad dream, but also very curious about the woman who seemed so familiar.

She could hear a door open and close and the woman turned towards the noise. Ladybug could hear the new person call the woman something, probably a cute nickname... it sounded like... "peekaboo"? She couldn't tell since the door blocked out too much sound. The woman smiled as her eyes followed a figure that soon walked past the door to sit down next to the woman. Ladybug couldn't see much of the man either, but that was because his back was facing her. But he seemed a bit taller than the woman, he was quite handsome and had blond hair that seemed very familiar.

"How do you feel?" he asked her. That's when Ladybug noticed something. The woman was previously in a position that made it difficult for her to see it, but now when the man came, she had moved enough to make it very clear; the woman was pregnant.

"Excited, you know how happy she is to hear your voice. Oh! There's a kick to prove it." the woman chuckles.

The man leaned down closer to the woman's belly with one arm on the couch as support so he could be close enough to see the movement. The woman took his free hand and placed it on her belly. It was as if it was his first time because of the small sudden twitch his body made as if he gasped. Soon, he was chuckling quietly. "Hi, sweetie! I'm here. Daddy is here and he loves you," he gently whispered. Then he looked up at the woman, "And don't worry, I love you too."

The woman chuckled, "I love you too, Adrien."

Slowly, Ladybug felt the need to stop looking. Not that she didn't find the moment adorable, but she understood that it's either some girl's dream about Adrien or Adrien's dream about some girl. However, it didn't have to be Adrien Agreste, there's surely more than one Adrien in her neighbourhood. But either way, she knew now that it had to be a good dream, so she should move on to the next. ...but what if it really is Adrien Agreste's dream? Who is that woman?

Ladybug turned to try to get rid of the thought and focus when she saw Chat Noir. He was standing completely still while staring through a peephole to a door, his tail slowly moving back and forth. She sighed and went up next to him, "What kind of dream is it?"

It seemed like she had scared him, he was deeply focused on whatever it was on the other side of the door until she asked him about it. He quickly turned to her and shut the peephole, that's when she noticed how flustered he was; cheeks as red as her suit and eyes as worried as if he had found his darkest secret behind the door. "Eh...it's-it's a... it is a g-good dream, so let's go!"

She got really curious as he shyly moved towards the next door. She took a look at the door and noticed how familiar it was. With cute flowers, a hamster sleeping on the head of a dog, a few pacifiers...

It reminded her of her own dream...

---

Author's note:

For the curious ones, her dream was about coming home to find Adrien read bedtime stories to Emma, Hugo and Louis.