He is not some prize to be won, he is a friend worth fighting for.

...thought it'd be about time I upload a story here.

Basically, someday after watching Chameleon (season 3, episode 1) I came up with this. It was a draft for a long time because I didn't know how to end it. But now I've kicked myself into it again and wrote the best ending I could.

I hope you'll like it!

---

She had gone through her locker for two minutes now. Nothing. She couldn't find them in either of her bags, she was sure she had them with her because she had shown them to Alya that morning to tell her how happy she was. Her original plan was to get four tickets for half the price like Jagged had promised her. However, he had forgotten about it and only managed to reserve the last two tickets. He felt bad for forgetting his promise, so he let her have the two tickets for free.

She had planned to invite Alya, Nino and Adrien (if he had the time), but now, with only two tickets, she could only invite one of them.

"Of course you should take Adrien with you!" had Alya said, nudging Marinette's side. "Nino and I can do something else."

"But what if he doesn't have time? Who will I ask then?" she had asked.

"Maybe Luka?"

"He already has a ticket."

"Then go with your dad. Or you could just totally skip it and maybe give them to someone else. Whatever happens, just keep an eye on the tickets, okay?"

Keep an eye on the tickets. Yeah, of all things. She could have worried a bit more, or blurted out weird words when she'd asked Adrien, but no. Her bad luck had to choose the tickets! Her only chance to even go to the concert. Gone. How?! She had them in her locker, safely next to the books that she had riffled through in case they had somehow gotten in between the pages. But they weren't there! Someone must have taken them! But who-

...of course. Who else. After all, she was there when she showed Alya the tickets. That selfish, lying, vexing vixen!

Speaking of the devil, Lila appeared, seemingly very happy about them being the only ones in the locker room.

"Looking for these?" Lila asked as she held up the two tickets. "I can't believe how lucky I am! These were the last two tickets and Jagged just gave them to me for free!" she said with that really annoying voice of hers. Those words were the exact words Marinette had said to Alya that morning.

"Give them back, Lila," Marinette tried, trying to sound as dominant as she could.

"Why would I? I'm gonna ask Adrien to go to the concert with me and it will be such a romantic date since a few of Jagged's new songs are about his secret love. How could I miss an opportunity like that!" Lila replied, like a taunting wolf in sheep's clothing.

"Because the tickets aren't yours, Lila. Jagged gave them to me and, unlike you, I can actually prove it," Marinette pointed out.

"Sure, you can. But I wouldn't do that if I were you, because if you do, you'll regret it. I will make sure these are the last tickets you'll ever get from Jagged and then, I will make Adrien hate you. I didn't lie when I said I can turn your friends against you, you know." She was getting closer, most likely to intimidate Marinette but it didn't work on her anymore. "You'll never get a chance with Adrien. As long as I want him, you will not even stand a chance."

Marinette had heard enough. Lila kept talking about Adrien like he was some price to be won by the most dominant girl of the school. But he's not! This is not a competition! Ever since Lila first threatened her, Marinette had considered the nightmare of not getting the future she wanted to have with Adrien. It had actually helped her realize how much he meant to her as a friend. And now she was actually prepared to make a point.