Encounter

Hitomi's POV

"Why do you even exist? You're nothing like the rest of us!"

"Such a goodie two shoe! Having the power of light! Urgh... makes me wanna puke."

"What a wuss! She can't take us teasing her!"

Their words were constantly stabbing me in the heart. Why can't they just leave me alone? Don't make feel even more out-of-place than I already am. But the criticism continued. After a few moments I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Can you not?!" I yelled. I was on the verge of tears. But they didn't care at all. "Aww poor wittle Hitomi, are you going to go cry to your mommy?" One of the members mocked. I stood up, ran out of the Green Clan Headquarters and onto the streets of Shizume City.

I just needed a place where I can just be alone. I walked for about 10 minutes until I reached the centre of the city. I ran into a nearby, curled up into a ball and cried. Their words of hatred kept replaying in my head making me cry even harder. But luckily the sound of the busy streets are washing away the loud sobs I make so I can cry as much as I like.

Suddenly I can hear loud footsteps in the alleyway. Crap! It's probably going to be a clan member who has to drag me back 'home'. I brace myself thinking that it's a green clan member. But that thought soon changes when I start to feel a different aura emanating out of the figure approaching me... Sugar honey... It's a HOMRA member. Still crouched in a ball I prepare to fight them if they attack. They stopped right in front of me.

Instead of attacking me they asked me in a gentle tone, "What's wrong?" Shocked at the question, I looked up to see who this kind person was. I glanced upwards and this person is well known to be aggressive, pretty much the opposite of kind.

Mikoto's POV

I've been really bored lately. The bar is empty most of the time and ever since Tatara was gone, the days have just become gloomy. I decided to go for a stroll in the city. It would really irritating if I had to deal with any of the SCEPTER 4 members today so just a stroll should be enough for today.

As I walked in the city I could sense an aura being emitted from somewhere nearby. It's an aura I've never felt before which really surprised me. Curiosity got the better of me and I began to look for the aura's location. The aura felt really strong at one of the alleyways of the city. I peered in and I saw a girl curled up in a ball releasing a green aura. Wow, she's from the green clan. What is she doing around here?

I walked up to her so I can investigate some matters. As I walked closer to her I could hear her sobbing. I stopped walking right in front of her. I asked her what's wrong, hoping that she won't attack me. To my surprise she didn't attack me. She just simply looked up and stared at me. I met my eyes with a pair of beautiful round eyes that were emerald green.