Chapter 2

At noon, Elder Jiang led two maidservants towards a certain manor. When they had arrived at the room's closed door, he respectfully shouted: "Young master."

"Come in." A voice in the room replied.

With a creaking sound, the door was pushed open from the outside, Elder Jiang came into the room followed by the two maidservants. In the room, a tall stature could be seen standing close to an open window.

With his hands behind his back, facing the wind, the cold wind blew into his hair, his sleeves fluttering, with a somewhat unruly, yet handsome face rigid with indifference, but at the same time is incomprehensible.

Elder Jiang, who is roughly 50 years of age, with a slightly fat figure, but by looking at his almost flying like pace, it seems that the body of his did not affect him.

He looked at the tall figure, his eyes could not help, but become somewhat misty. He had worked for thirty years in Dong Fang House, thus he felt at home here. What's more, the young masters did not ever treat him as an outsider, he has always felt gratitude for the Dong Fang House. He, who had watched all four young masters grow up and witnessed the death of Fang Lao Ye's furen (old master's mistress) was determined to assist in every way and guarded the Dong Fang House. But now, his most respected young master, by a madman, has become blinded. If he could find out who had done such a deed, even if he was to lose his own life, he swore to avenge his young master.

"Jiang Bo, stop with your grief, stop holding onto your tears."

Though Dong Fang Ling could not see, he can correctly guess the emotionful Jiang Bo, now – because of his tears, he himself felt a slight discontentment. His eyebrows slightly twisted, and couldn't help but scoff.

Elder Jiang quickly wipe his tears from his eyes, his eyes glanced to the side and looked at the two maidservants.

"Young master, in addition to your original serving maid Xiao Qing, I have arranged for another maidservant today. This new maid has very intelligent looking eyes, moreover with a sweet mouth (talks in a pleasing way). Bing'er come, quickly greet young master." At the glance of his eyes, the person who stood outside, the pretty maid, opened her mouth in a loud voice:

"Bing'er greets young master."

Bing'er took one step forward, her voice was soft and low, slightly lowering her alert eyes.

"Ok, you may go." His stature did not move, but replied with a calm voice of intolerance.

Elder Jiang made a slight coughing sound and left at the same time, in order to warn the two, to be careful when serving him.

"Young master, lunch is ready."

The two maidservants together took the food trays and placed them in an eye pleasing location on the table, Xiao Qing bowed respectfully. The tall stature moved, every step taken is cautious. Seeing so, Xiao Qing quickly stepped forward and escorted him until he was in a stable sitting posture, she then retreated back. Eyes lifted, the once still Bing'er stepped forward.

Bing'er's small face showed determination, her beautiful face looked at Dong Fan Ling, taking every step with caution. For the fear he may recognize her voice, she spoke in a deliberately low and soft voice, even the habit of silently walking, had to be consistently reminded to walk with noise.

Although he could not see through his eyes, she, just as a precaution, wore a face mask.

She deliberately walked at a slow pace, watching Xiao Qing help the blind Dong Fang Ling dine, the feeling of guilt surrounded her once again. She had overheard him talking to Dong Fang Ao, he said that he did not blame her. Why?