Chapter 1 ~She Is~

A/N: Hello, little ones!

The beautiful Jillian (FreeHoranHugs) and I are SO excited to get this story going! We'll post as often as we can, and keep you up to date with when we'll be posting and all. Despite the fact we're going out of town this month for a little- we'll keep on writing and make sure you have plenty to read once we're back! Enjoy the first chapter of Both of Us!

~Tori

Prologue:

"Emma." he held back tears desperately, his mouth searching for words. But I was already out of reach. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

"C'mon mate, we gotta go! We'll miss our flight." a British accent called to him.

"I'm sorry." I said, my right turned away from him, walking away. But he caught my arm.

"Emma. I'm in love with you." his voice choked out, quickly wiping away a tear that had escaped from under his eye.

The words echoed in my mind. As I jerked my arm away, trying to block out the single syllable word that tugged on my heart strings.

Love.

 Such a simple word, yet such a complicated thing.

-----

1 month earlier.

Emma's P.O.V.

"WAKE UP, EMMA!" a voice yelled, following by pushing me off my warm bed.I hit the ground with a loud thud

"What do you want, Louis?" I groaned, tangled in the comforter.

You'd think I'd be used to this by now. But no. I don't think I'll ever be.

"I gave you three chances. Three." he said holding up fingers to match. "I said your name three times- that is the max." he explained, hopping onto my bed.

Let's rewind a bit.

Hi. My name is Emma Christine Phillips. I'm from New York. I'm 18 years old. I used to be a fan of One Direction. Fall of 2010 I started watching YouTube videos of these talented boys on X-Factor. I'd tweet them occasionally, and being one of the few hundreds fans in U.S. I managed to strike up a conversation in Direct Messaging with the one and only, Louis Tomlinson- my now, best friend. I suppose he found me charming and witty. We talked for days on end until the boys finally came to America. I finally met them in person, and he invited me to come along with them on their 2011-2012 tour. Why not? I had thought. It was an adventure. But after being on a tour bus with five boys can get smelly, gross, and old pretty fast. So, I treasured the time I got to sleep in a hotel bed. You don't know how great that is until you are stuck in a cramped space with five boys who are legal adults- but act like five year old.

"We have a week in Texas! C'mon, love. We're wasting away a stunning day!" Louis said, leaning over the edge of the bed to meet my eyes.

"It's raining, Lou." I stated blandly, pointing to the window at the pouring rain.

"Always looking on the brighter side." he shook his head.

"And it's morning and I'm tired." I whined, throwing the comforter over my head. 

"It's only 8:00 AM-" I cut him off

"8:00 AM?!" I yelled through the blanket.

"You have twenty minutes." he said with lecture in his voice. Before I knew it, he was gone and I was alone. I groaned.

There was no possible way to have a normal day. We had two options: Rather stay cooped up in hotel rooms bored out of our minds, or go out and get swarmed by fans and not have a chance to enjoy a normal day out on the town.