chapter 1- on the streets

It was the fifth time I have yawned in the past half hour. We were all tired but we had to keep going, if we didn't who knew what the consequences would be. But of course three dirty girls walking down a allyway wasn't the best way to go.

I noticed how tired they were, the dark bags under their eyes. I was just as bad, but I kept on going. For them. They needed me, I have to keep them safe. Even if it does cost me my own life. Sunny stopped, and then Rose did too. I quickly looked up,

"Hey guys, why'd we stop-" I froze on the spot, fear enveloping the three of us. But my fear soon turned into pure adrenaline as I slowly whispered to my companions to back away slowly, from the three oversized hounds.

My lungs were on fire, burning to the core. My legs were jelly,yet I push my friends out into the clearing of the woods, a small but almost perfect house in the bang centre.

"Go! run to that house and DON'T COME OUT FOR ME" I YELLED at the two girls struggling ahead of me.

"what about you?!" Sunny screamed in protest, I grunted and they ran futher with hesitation.

By now they should be used to it, I always avoid letting them fight. They can't get hurt, I couldn't live with myself. I heard the most terrifying noise from really close behind me,

"oh great, they're gaining."

My body groaned in protest, but I pulled out my dagger, an apparent gift from my father.

leading the hellhound away from the house and closer to the  creek I could feel, but not see? I crossed the line of sight and Into the forest almost tripping on tree stumps and sticks. but I could almost taste the rushing water of the nearby creek, which I dont know why I know it was there. the stench of the hot breath of the dogs made me run  faster, along with the occasional howl.

'I  cant take them all with just my dagger..' the thought gushed. I felt a small tug in my stomach, like butterlfies only leading me to the fast stream of water. I internally celebrated but before I  ould do anything I was slapped so hard I fell into the cold water.

all of a sudden the pain errupted in my body, spreading like wildfire. the water was slightly drowning the hungry growls of the hell hounds. I took a breath, being able to take In the oxygen in the water without drowing. im not normal...

soon the pain was gone and replaced with a strong urge of power coursing through my veins. I sprang from the water, my dagger raised in defence. the hell hounds looked angrier than ever, but eager for their next meal. I smirked, knowing I  now had the energy to fight them. I could proabably beat them with my eyes closed, I was in my element.

the smallest one  charged first, its beady eyes focused on the kill. I easily pulled up a barrier of water with a flick of my wrist and held the hound in its place before slashing its  chest. it quickly dissipated in a cloud of gold dust with a howl of pain.

the other went to  charge at the same time, but from the corner of my now sensitive eyes I noticed my audience of my friends and three boys. I stabbed the biggest hell hound and it blew in the same gold dust as its friend. but the second I did that that last one bet me to it and yanked me out of the water with sharp teeth ripping my shoulder out of the socket.  I cried in pain, the energy of the water leaving my body as a fragile mess. I panicked as the black dots speckled my vision. the hound got closer with each heavy claw pound the floor, causing me to fall to my knees from the shaking ground.

"Andy! !!" I could hear the worried call from sunny and rose, but I saw a beautiful boy start to fight the last hound in front of me, another gorgeous boy pick me up and bring me back to my friends who were also with a hot as heck boy... but then I blacked out

-