How to Treat/Prevent a Sunburn

Treating a Sunburn

Shower/Bath

When you have a sunburn it can be quite painful. When you take a shower or bath try using cool water otherwise the hot water can possibly make it worst.

Yogurt

Apply yougurt to the sunburn. Keep on for 5 minutes then wash off in a cool shower. Yougurt helps get rid of dry skin which makes it really helpful.

Baking Soda

About 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cool or lukewarm bath will temporarily provide relief to sun burn pain. Just remember to let your skin air dry out of the bath so the baking soda really soaks in and soothes the pain turning into.

Tea Bags

It won't matter what kind you use—black tea, white tea, or green tea—the quick relief for sunburned eyelids are a cool tea bag applied to each swollen eye. The tannic acid within will ease swelling and reduce painplus speeding up the healing.

Preventing a Sunburn

Certain Sunblock

Use sunblock with 45+ SPF or higher.

Don't forget to reapply

Follow the instructions on sunscreen carefully; reapply when it says to reapply or it may not work properly. It should last for about 2 hours. Always reapply after leaving the water, because it would have washed off.

Protect you eyes

Since it's hard to put sunscreen around your eyes, wear large sunglasses for a physical barrier.

Showering helps too

Using a shampoo or conditioner with SPF in it can prevent you from getting a sunburn on you scalp if you are not wearing a hat. Remember to not shower everyday otherwise you hair will become dead, brittle and dry.

Comment 'ily'  if I have helped!