Chapter Seven: Prelude to Battle

Tomo lets the brother sleep once they arrive back at the hotel, Jared is in bad shape and Shannon had been beating himself up since Jared's disappearance.

News crews had sought them out at the hotel and with the help of Arvin and the gathering of fans. They were able to get into the hotel without having to talk. Tomo is resting in one of the chairs reading tweets, which they have paid for two hundred fans to join the battle so far. Now fans are helping each other get there.

Tomo can't help but be worried about what awaits them. The feeling of overwhelming dread has settled over him, more so since they rescued Jared. He is fearful, seeing Jared beat up as he was, he couldn't help but wonder about his overall mental state. He knows that when he had to fight the darkness, his mental state had changed but more in the way of a hard drive. The fear of never playing again or just losing the want to play is almost madding. However, with Shannon's fragile state he avoided picking up his guitar and playing. Of course, he wanted to be on stage. So the overwhelming dread is not just the fear of losing Jared in this final battle, but if they do win. If they do best the Cult of Silence what is next? Would Thirty Seconds to Mars fade into myth?

He shudders at the thought, on top of other worries that are sure to follow this concert. Would it be worth the hassle to continue to make music? Tomo then gives himself a hard slap across the face, Come on, Tomo, don't give in to the doubt of the pressure. He thinks to himself.

One of the fans linked a video with the title: Secret Exposed! Tomo can already feel his blood beginning to boil to the point he didn't want to click on it.

Shaking with anger and unease he clicks on it.

It starts with clips from all their music video, flashing by in fifteen-second intervals. The song that is playing is Walk on Water. It goes on for a minute and a half before the song fades to the background and a woman off-screen starts to speak as clips continue to flash by. "Thirty Seconds to Mars fronted by Jared Leto with his drummer and brother Shannon Leto and lead guitarist Tomo Milicevic. Are well-known for having powerful concerts, ambitious music videos and not to mention overall rocking and fun lyrics full of messages for the dreamer and believer. They recently finished a tour for their new album AMERICA, which was well received despite the critics. Yet, this report is to take a look at what follows once successes get to one's head," Tomo bites his lip and keeps watching a clip from their impromptu broadcast. It was Tomo's part she focused on because he mentioned the Silence and tells people that they aren't going crazy. "Now, this is bold coming from a band who identify as Christians. But over the last week the gathering of the World Guild of Visionaries, appearing suddenly yesterday and claiming that they had voted to remove the band from the guild. And in good sportsmanship gave Jared twenty-four hours to plead his case, which was not immediately answered by the band. The reason: Jared Leto is on drugs and is having a mental break down. Watch this clip that was captured at about three-twenty Eastern Standard Time outside a hotel on Sixth Avenue." Tomo red with fiery from the false accusation against Jared. The clip rolls: the footage is not from a cell phone, there is a clear shot of him and Shannon supporting Jared. Who was shaking, drenched in sweat and just beyond tired. The camera zoomed on them, all of them have been crying. Right before the camera's view was blocked by a fan, Jared's legs gave out on him and nearly dragging the other two down with him. "More on this later, as we have not heard from the band. I assume they are trying to hide the secret." The video ends right there.

Tomo is physical sick by what he just heard, this theory can ultimately destroy them. The video is getting a lot of negative feedback from their fans this makes Tomo smile and feel a little at ease.

"Jay?" Shannon asks quietly. Shannon was so tired when they got back that when he laid Jared on the bed he fell asleep before he could get off the bed.