-Intro Chap-

-Joel's P.O.V-
I couldn't stop staring at the new kid that sat in the front of the class. I wanted to get to know him. Be his friend. I see an empty desk near him. Maybe I could switch seats?
I see him turn around and look at me as we engage eye contact. I quickly look down and I hear him chuckle. My face starts to heat up. Why am I blushing? I look back up at him and see that he had averted his attention to the board instead me.
                  -TimeSkip-
I put on my headphones and listened to music at lunch. I never eat the school food and I usually bring my own but decided against it. I feel someone sit next to me and I glance over. It's that new kid!
"Hey I never caught your name! I'm Christoper Comstock by the way. But you can call me Chris!"
He holds out his hand for me to shake it. I grab it and shake it. His hand is really soft, "I'm Joseph Zimmerman! But everyone just calls me Joel."
He chuckles,"You're pretty cool, Joel. Wanna hang out after school later or keep in touch?" I have plans this evening so I can't hang out with him,"We could keep in touch" He smiles,"Cool! Let's exchange numbers!" He takes out a notebook and I take out mine. We both open our notebooks to a blank page. He takes out a pen and writes his number on the blank page of my notebook. I take the pen and do the same with his notebook.
The school bell rings and he puts his pen in his bag,"See you later, Joel" And I watch as he walks away. I look down at the number on the page. His penmanship is so perfect! I can't help but blush. I hurry to class before I'm late.