Chapter 1: J & J

Despite the popular belief that a male and female can't be friends (because one will end up falling for the other, or some odd belief like that), my best friend — who is very much of the opposite gender to me — and I, had been friends since we were born. Not literally of course, because we were born to different mothers, in different hospitals, but you get the picture. I was blessed of course, with the best friend I was given. Despite him being a boy, he understood me as well as any of my female friends did. He was a good listener, and timid by nature, even if he had a rambunctious way of speaking to me. As long as I've known him, he'd been loyal, and completely devoted to our friendship just as equally as I was. He never gave me reason to doubt his actions or words, and proved day in and day out that we'd be friends till death do us part. Jungkook wasn't like most boys I knew. I mean, whilst he is handsome, funny, and sometimes egotistical like boys I know, he was also soft spoken, humble and kind. Like I said, I was blessed with the best friend I was given.

We met as next door neighbours at the age of three, and stayed side by side until we turned ten and his family moved twenty minutes away

We met as next door neighbours at the age of three, and stayed side by side until we turned ten and his family moved twenty minutes away. Although we thought it possible that the distance meant the end of our friendship, our families stayed in contact, and we saw each other throughout our primary school years and ended up at the same high school together. So the strength of our friendship never wavered. On top of this, our personalities synced together perfectly. We enjoyed the same things — food, music, art, — and our senses of humour complimented each other's well, to the point where we'd probably sound insane to anyone who overheard our jokes.

However there are certain things to know about Jungkook if you want to understand him on the level I do. He's completely insane. Absolutely, batshit crazy. He just doesn't show it often. Of course, he's not clinically insane, but he sure acts like it. With the things he says and the faces he makes, you'd worry about his sanity, as well as your own. He hides that side of him though, and is only outgoing when he's comfortable with the company he's in or the environment. You should also know that he harbours the ego of a wealthy, drop-dead gorgeous, CEO of some top-tier company — whilst that's not who he is, he sure acts like it. He'll go out of his way to remind me daily that he is, and I quote, "The shit."

That's Jungkook for you. The golden boy. My dumbass of a best friend.

"Earth to Jen."

A crumpled, paper ball fell to the table in front of me after hitting me in the face, interrupting my train of thought. I looked up disgruntled, to watch a sly smile spread across Jungkook's face as he gauged my expression.

"Bullseye," he chanted victoriously. "Or, perhaps I should say, Jen's eye. Because I hit you in the face."

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. "No," I muttered. "You really shouldn't. Stop hitting me in the face with your balls." His laughter filled the room before I realised the mistake in my wording. I should also mention that he's extremely immature like most boys at the age of seventeen.