Chapter Five

"Rob?" Millie phones Richard the minute she wakes up in the morning.

        "Oh my god, you're still here! I been worried, and curious I must say, for days. What is going on?" Robert fires rapidly at her.

        "Someone from my past, a real hot head, came and attacked me. If she knows that we are friends, there is no telling what she will do."

        "Why is she coming after you?"

        "You are such a dead cat, Rob. I don't really know. She is an unstable hot head. So, again, if someone asks, you know of me, we're not friends." Millie was just about to hang up when she remembered another important thing to tell Robert. "Oh, and you remember Patrick, right?"

        "Your roommate? Yeah."

        "There was stuff with him for the past few days, that is why I hadn't had the chance to call. Anyway, he is turned now."

        "What! But ... Why? ... I thought ..." Millie hangs up on his stammering to check in on Patrick.

        When she enters the living room, the lights are off and Patrick is laying down on the couch with his eyes closed.

        "Are you awake?" she whispers.

        "Yeah," He responds quietly. "It just became a lot to take in."

        "Yep. I remember. You'll feel better in a day or so. And once you have that down you get to work on your strength and speed."

        A small laugh escapes Patrick's lips. "Man, I am tired."

        "No you can't sleep."

        "What why?" Patrick whines.

        "You'll get used to sleeping during the day. You might even sleep all day. When I sleep at night, I can sleep for, like, two or three hours and be fine. But the day drains you so you'll have to sleep longer."

        "So many rules."

        "Ble" Millie mocks Patrick. "Okay, well I have to go out today. Have somethings to clean up and get you cremated."

        "Ah" Patrick moans. "Don't Talk about it. It is just so weird."

        "Okay, but in the next day or so, once your senses balance out, we can work on your speed. And get you some sun exposure."

        "Okay, but what do I do now?"

        "Have a Harry Potter marathon? I don't know." She walks up to him and swishes his hair around. "I have to get ready now."

        "You sound like a mother."

        "I kinda am." Millie smiles at his confused face. "It is the whole 'I turned you so I am your sire and a sire can be called Mother or Father' thing."

        "Whatever."

        Millie takes a shower and gets dressed. Patrick has turned on the tv and is staring at Drake and Josh arguing at the Premier. She kisses him on the top of his head and tells him to have a good day, which he rolls his eyes at.

                                                (¯'·.¸¸.-> °º º° <-.¸¸.·'¯)

I make it back to the apartment around 5. I dealt with Patrick's "cremation". What I wasn't able to do was deal with Iris. I search for hours and hours, but I just couldn't find her. I waited too long, so the trail I was following that night was gone. I hoped that if I walked around long enough, though, I would find her or her goon's scent. I walked almost every street and ran through alleyways, but, nevertheless, I found zip, notta, nothing.