Promise (KimSeokJin)

Setember 5, 1939

When he holds me in his arms I feel safe, I feel the love radiating through me like the sun to a flower.

That's how I knew I loved this man, he was always harsh to me on the beginning but deep down I knew he was a gentle caring man underneath his guarded heart.

He rubbed my back squeezing me closer to his body, his breath brushed my ear and rain poured on us.

I didn't want to say goodbye when saying goodbye means going away, and the risk of saying goodbye is never seeing them again and we slowly fade from their memories, I was scared of letting go of him.

For this will be our last of us, and it will be just Me.

"I love you," he says choking up a sob, I held him tighter to me wanting us to be one.

"Jin, I love you" I whispered,"but it's time to say goodbye"

"never my love, I will forever stay in your heart and you in mine, in there we shall never say goodbye to each other," He says tears and rain flowing down his cheeks.

"I love you," he says again brushing his lips against mine so tender and sorrowful. He reluctantly backs away and walks to the train station with a military hat on and suitcase in his hand.

" I will come back for You! I promise!!" He yells out the window waving.

"I promise, I will wait for you!! " I say yelling back, I ran to the moving train holding his hand tight with tears streaming down my face. We never broke eye contact as I slowly slipped my hand away from his.

"be home soon," he says smiling at me one last time.

2 years later

he sent me letters all the time, each filled with love and careful handwriting.

but after the last year, he quit writing for six months. I waited and waited for him as I rocked in my chair stroking my belly. I was going to surprise him that we were gonna have a baby boy.

I heard a knock on the door and I wobbled my way to the door holding my back to support the weight.

"Yes?" I said nervously as I open the door to meet to men in green Military uniform. They held a glass container in their hands looking at me mournfully.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Kim," They said, they took off their hats and handed me the box.

"w-whats this," I say feeling the lump in my throat.

" It's your husband last items, There was a letter for you from him, He was shot down from the Plane and during his fall he said how much he loved you and held a picture of you in his hands."

"Oh," I say shocked, the color on my face drained.

he promises me, he said he would come back!

"thank you," I say then closed the door and fell to the ground. The tear fell as I sobbed screaming out Jin's name.

I open the door envelope that had a photo of us, he was kissing me like a movie star couple.

July 18, 1941

Dear My honeysuckle, 

This will be my last letter to you if I do not come back from this war, I hoped to see your smiling face and listen to your infectious laughter. I know I promise you to see you and be by your side. But I'm sure life had different plans for us. I will keep my promise love, I will always be by you forever for death doesn't separate us. The sun that shines on your skin, think of me holding you. I am the shadow on the ground, I'm the whisper in the wind.        

In the darkness, keep quiet and listen closely as you hear the heartbeat in the room for that is me.

for that's the love we share together

forever and always loving you.

-SeokJin

I couldn't help but bawl more, holding on to the letter close to my heart. He wasn't wrong. he was right in many ways and yet it still hurt my heart.

I kissed the photo and sat it by my nightstand watching his photo as I went to sleep.

3 years later

I held my son, Seokjin in my hand as we bowed to the grave.

"Hi daddy, it's me Jin your son, I made this for you," he says smiling and place a photo of us on the grave.

I lay down the flowers on his grave and smiled down upon it.

I have moved on from my sorrow for my son Jin, gave me hope to keep going. For my true love lived in on through our child we made, I still miss him but I remind myself and Lil Jin that he is with us every day.

 The sun, moon, wind and the heart where he will always be.