October 1st, 1976

I always wanted to leave this godforsaken town. Nothing interesting ever happens here, but I hear tell of another world.

I was walking home from my Summer job last week when i decided for some reason, that it was a good idea to cut through the alleyway between the drugstore and the apartment complex on Gerard way. It was already late, and I wanted to get out of my work clothes, and that was the fastest way home. Little did I know, I'd run into him. He was tall, and wore a dark suit and had a hat with a brim so wide it covered most of his face.
At first I ignored him. I didn't want to run into any drug dealers, so I kept my eyes straight ahead, trying to avoid eye contact.

I ended up passing him, but I felt a hand on my shoulder. Immediately it sent a shiver down my spine. His fingers were bony, and his hands were ice cold. It felt- wrong. Unearthly.
Everytime I remember it I still feel that cold, dead hand resting on my shoulder.

His voice was worse. It was deep, and menacing, and it- I guess you can say it burned. I didn't want to hear it. Every word he said made my heart pound.

He whispered to me. I still hear it. He told me of another world. A world that you can only enter through the mirror. I thought he was insane at first. I quickly pulled away. I told him to leave me alone, and I ran out of the alleyway, but he was still talking.
"At 3am on the 15th, paint your hand black and place it on the mirror to open the gate between worlds!" He repeated this over and over until I was out of earshot.

Those words. They stuck with me. Changed me. I dont understand how, or why, but over the past few days, it's all I can think of. I don't know. Maybe I'm losing it. It's all that runs through my head, every waking hour, every second of every day-

Its driving me crazy. Maybe I should look into it first. I just hope..... I hope that this will all just go away.

-Anna