Chapter 2: The Raid

Keith and Charlie were taken to a small storage room cuffed to a small pole. 30 minutes pass and Charlie begins to get impatient. "Hey, how long are we gonna be here?!" Charlie shouted to the guards outside the door. "You'll be in there as long as we want to, now shut up." Charlie groans in frustration. 10 minuets pass and then the door opens by the same female guard who captured them. She closes the door behind her and walks towards Keith and Charlie. "Oh great. What are you doing here?" Keith asks. "I'm here to watch you two from trying anything suspicious." She said. "Lucky us." Said Charlie sarcastically.

An hour passed and Charlie was fast asleep, which was surprising given the condition their in. "You're friend a heavy sleeper?" Asked the female guard to Keith. "Yeah, ever since Ive known Charlie, he's always been a heavy sleeper. It's kinda annoying, but sometimes it's also funny. One time, I woke him up in his sleep with a bucket of ice. We both laughed our asses off after that little prank I pulled." "So his name is Charlie, what's yours?" Asked the guard. "Well if you want to know my name, you'd have to tell me yours...deal?" Said Keith. She took a small pause then nodded her head in agreement. "Name's Keith." "Alice." "Alice huh? Well...it's nice to meet you...even in this weird situation we're in." Kara gives out a small chuckle.

Then, a loud explosion came from the bottom the ship and gunfire was being heard outside. Alice reaches out to her radio and says, "What's happening out there? Can anyone hear me?" The radio then relayed, "We're under attack! There are boats surrounding all around us! Someone call for-" Another explosion was heard through the radio and outside. Then Charlie woke up from his sleep and asked, "What the hell's going on here?" "The ship's being raided, but by who?" Kieth responded. Alice then opens the door and brings the two guards outside with her and said to Keith and Charlie, "Wait here and don't try anything." Before Kieth could say anything, she closes the door shut.

   Charlie then says, "She can't be serious. No way we're staying here waiting to get shot by who ever is attacking this ship." "Agreed, we need to find a way out, but first we need to get out of these cuffs. See anything on your end?" Asked Keith looking around to break out of the cuffs. "Nothing yet, how about you?" "I think I see a box of bobby pins. I just need to reach far enough with my legs." Keith attempts to reach the box three times. After the 4th try, he knocks it down and drags it over to himself. He passes it to Charlie and he begins to pick the cuffs. "Almost there...got it! Now let me do yours Keith." Charlie picks Keith's cuffs and their both free. "Now then," says Keith. "Let's get out of here."

Keith grabs hold the wheel of the door, but it won't open. "What the...she must've blocked it from the outside. Well we're gonna have to find another way." They both look around their surroundings. Charlie spots his bag he carried and has an idea. He opens his bag and pulls out the thermite he carried. "Maybe we can use this for... this grate down below." "Right, I'll grab our gear and the duffel bags." Said Keith. Charlie uses the thermite on the grate and Keith grabs one of the duffel bags over his shoulder and passes the other to Charlie. Before Keith grabs his duffel bag, he spots a small golden locket near the exit of the room and grabs it for its value. After the thermite does its job, they grab what they came for and jump down to the lower levels.

   They feel water rushing in up to their ankles in the dark. Keith reaches out in his backpack a flashlight to have a clear view around. He could see a large hole where water was flushing in. "Oh crap, we gotta get out of here before more water starts flooding in." They both look for exit door or a ladder to climb up with. The water still rushes in, causing the room to fill up at knee level. "I can't find anything Keith!" Says Charlie. "Keep searching, there has to be a way!  Wait... over there!" Keith points to a to an opened door at the far side of the hallway. Then, the ship starts to turn sideways, making the Water rush in more. "RUN!" Says keith as he and Charlie dash to door.

   They keep running as the water behind them still comes. They both exit the hallway and realize the ship is sinking. Charlie spots a submersible life raft and says, "Lets use this to escape." They throw their duffel bags and Charlie enters the raft. As soon as Keith is about to enter, he sees two groups having a shootout and spots Alice in the fight. "Charlie guard the raft." Said Keith. "What do you mean?!" "Guard it, I have a plan." "What are you—Keith?!"