Dawn of Unknown.

''Wake up'', Cassandra was yelling since one hour. 

But Alexia couldn't manage to recover after fainting. Was this a sign of turn of events in their lives? Well, it was hard to tell. After two hours Alexia was finally stirring and then managed to get up, relieving Cassandra. She couldn't remember how she fainted. Cassandra asked her about her strange behaviour earlier. But Alexia cleared her doubts. 

''My father had called'', said Cassandra. She continued with how she convinced him that they were safe. And were shifting to a cozy apartment soon. Then she chattered about how the guest lecturer grabbed every girl's attention and the boys envied him. I am telling you that you and Douglas Fane could be a thing. And you two would be envied by everyone.

This statement irritated Alexia and she silenced her friend. The tone of her voice alarmed Cassandra and she busied herself in unimportant work. Alexia quickly apologized seeing her friend dejected. She didn't want her to be sad. 

''If you really want me to forgive you, then you have to go shopping with me'' said Cassandra, Alexia happily agreed. She was the ideal friend who could go to any extent for her friends. Shopping is best for a mood-lift anyway.

They happily entered the mall. Cassandra fished through the line of the new collection while Alexia seemed a bit lost. What was bothering her so much? And then she saw a familiar silhouette of someone. She quickly brushed off her thoughts as Cassandra pulled her over to the trial rooms. "Go and try these, I won't be buying clothes alone", she chimed.

Soon they finished with a decent amount of shopping and headed back to their new apartment. It was a small but cozy place to live in. Wooden floors which thankfully didn't creak. A yellow coloured wall which made up for amazing memories captured in enprints. The window panes looked new and shiny like they have just been cleaned. They entered their room and were welcomed with clouds of dust. "I guess the we were too impressed by the exterior", joked Cassandra and they had a hearty laugh. This lightened up the current mood as they had not laughed like this in a long time." We have to get to work to make this place a little classy like ourselves, Alexia," said.

"Alexia don't you think its been a while since you've actually gone out with someone?"

"I don't feel the need to go out with someone, I'm quite happy being single."

Cassandra keeps pestering her much to Alexia's chagrin, and it really gets to her nerves. But that is how all friends are, "Aren't they?"

"Liar! I saw you gawking at the lecturer. And not to forget your infamous eye-lock. You need to accept that you were or probably still are attracted to him. Josh has been after you since a long time now but you never gave in to his charm. You don't even know the lecturer but I'm sure he struck a chord with you."

Alexia went all quiet on Cassandra. Seems like she was saying the truth. But Alexia didn't want to accept it. Life can be complicated sometimes. But sometimes we are to blame. Most of the complications are just part of the picture going on in our head. It is good to listen to your heart. Sadly, it doesn't happen often these days. Somewhere deep down she felt something. But she didn't want to acknowledge the unknown feeling. But everything has a way of showing up. Things don't remain hidden for long.

They continued to make the apartment appealing and cozy. Exchanging smiles and glances now and then. Cassandra had tried to make more conversation with Alexia but she just received a cold shoulder. They both loved each other despite the disagreements and fights. No cold war could last for long between them. They both knew that they both can never let go of each other. We rarely find true friends in life. And when we find them we should not be foolish to let them go. We should hold on to them and fight to keep the ship of the friendship afloat.

"What should we have for dinner?", asked Alexia.

"Let's order something i am too tired and i don't want you to cook either".

"Ummmm..."

"Please, pretty please", Cassandra dog-eyed.

"Fine, let's order."

They had a hearty load of happy calories. All their favourite food contented their hunger and souls. Spaghetti, pizzas and nutella waffles. All made for their kind of dinner. They cleaned up the leftovers and decided to go for a stroll downstairs.

The night was a quiet one. Nothing unusual happened. Nothing caught their eyes. They talked for a while and laughed on their inside jokes. A gentle breeze tickled their hair as they tucked them behind their ears. Alexia looked towards her left where loads of bushes were present. A set green gleaming eyes were making eye-contact with her. She tried looking away but was transfixed for a moment. Then she caught hold of Cassandra's arm and complained of being sleepy. So they left for their apartment. 

And as the night grew darker, they pulled their sheets up till they absorbed their bodies and made for a cozy embrace. Alexia did shut her eyes tight. If only she could silence her thoughts. 

A dark room and a musty smell. No one can imagine being in a room alone like that. No sound except the pounding heartbeat of the lone wanderer. Fresh smell of blood coming from nearby. Someone hurt? A murder perhaps? A suicide? All thoughts making the wanderer's head dizzy. Something suddenly makes the wanderer look far behind. The noise of something heavy making its way to the ground and causing the wanderer terror. As if she wasn't already horrified. She continues walking not knowing where to stop. On the way something wraps itself around her foot and she quickly withdraws herself. To her shock its a snake, a fake one she finds out. Does it mean she is not alone? Is someone trying to scare her or perhaps cause her harm?

Just then the sound of loud beeping startled Alexia. A familiar whisper followed by, "You can't run from me."

Alexia rose like a spring covered in sweat. She was unknown to the future events and signs that she was constantly coming across.

But, 'Was she really oblivious to it?'