Training the Death Totem

Well today's the day I start training it's been a week since I got the totem Derek said we'll start with his totem the death totem as, I could somewhat control two of the six but I guess that was just luck. Either way I still needed to work on all of them. At first it was easy you know connect with the totem.

"Okay Noah first you need to bond with the totem get to know the full extent of it all. Since this is death it can be a bit tricky."

"Deal" I said as my totem started glowing once more

"Wow you're a natural at this Noah." said Derek in amazement.

"Well duh, I've helped you guys control your totems I must have some practice in here." I told him sarcastically while pointing to my head.

"Yeah well you may know how to bond with totem but can you use it." Derek said while raising a dead group of soldiers.

"Show off." I scoffed.

"Well it's been four years since I got my totem." Derek recalled.

"Yeah I remember your first time you raised great aunt Maggie by accident." I said as I remembered.

"I still have nightmares by the way." I said because it was true.

"Well it's not my fault you were a scared little boy back then." Derek said.

"Hey I was only twelve back then." I said.

"Oh well you were still scared. Now let's get back to training focus on someone you've lost like a friend or family member like Mom or Dad." Derek said with a shaky breath

It's been ten years since our parents died and it was my fault. I was six at the time they had gone to battle the demon and when my mom was summoning a dead group of soldiers and my dad was making a fire ball the demon took it as an advantage and killed them both but in doing so Scott used his totem and saved their totems before he got them. And he still blames me till this day because the demon was after me. But four years later Scott, Mason and Liam faced Damianos and, Trapped him in the other world but he escaped when Alex got his totem but he's kept a low profile recently in the last couple years until now. When Jake got his totem Damianos tried to steal it but Mason burned him severely. And now with my totem being more powerful than all my brothers they think Damianos will try steal it since it has the powers of all the totems combined. So they're training me as soon as possible so if he does come I can face him and kick his ass.

"Noah snap out of it." Derek said while slapping me

"First of all what the fuck. Second what." I said while in pain

"You raised the whole dead family without even trying." Derek said amazed.

"Really can I try again." I said.

"Sure" Derek said

As I connected with my totem once more I could see how I raised my Mother's spirit and how she smiled at me I finally realized how much I really missed her. When she finally disappeared that's when I broke down into tears and Derek wrapped his arms around me and said

"It's ok to cry I know it hasn't been easy on you"

It's true when my parents died everyone cried but me I would only comfort them because I always thought it was my fault because no one in the family could have more than six kids. But when my parents had me that's when Damianos lost it he went after me multiple times but my parents always had a totem with them. My mom had her totem by birth right, and my ancestors granted my dad one because they thought he was worthy of bearing one and I needed the protection. My mom had the death totem like Derek does now and my ancestors gave my dad the fire totem. As Damianos weakness is fire. So when Mason got the fire totem Scott started training him right away so if Daminos was ever freed from the other world prison Mason could injure him and possibly kill him. Now I have to get over this and continue with the training killing a demon won't be easy you know.

"K Noah I want you to raise a skeleton" Derek said

"Ok. C'mon totem we got this" I said
I bonded with the totem and tried to raise a skeleton.

"Yes Noah you got this" I heard Derek say.

I tried even harder it wasn't easy but when I opened my eyes I saw a 6 foot tall skeleton staring right at me. Derek told me to practically kill it again because I had to lower it down but that only resulted in me raising three more, so that was awesome, also Jake might be scarred for sometime. After training Derek took me to get some ice cream to basically say "congrats you raised the dead". The ice cream shop is where Derek's boyfriend worked. Stiles is his name pretty weird if you asked me. He knew all about the totems and isn't fond of Derek's, he wishes his was something else like water or earth.

"Hey babe Noah-boy" said Stiles while scooping some ice-cream

"Hey mon cheri" said Derek

"Hey Stiles" I Said while on my phone trying to not see when Derek gave Stiles a kiss since I'm currently a single pringle since being one of the only gay boys at school doesn't have it's perks but. Max is gay too so I'm cool at the moment. Sadly I've never dated anyone or kissed somebody so I don't have as much experience as any of the others, They've all hooked up with each other or some one from town. Good news is that Max transferred this year so any of the others haven't done anything to him.