Zane Part 2

Zane woke up with a shock, jolting up. He faintly remembered a blue flame. And... the memory slipped far from his grasp, flying from the grasp of his mind. He sighed, and slowly got up. Garroth had fallen asleep, and Vylad seemed to have too.  The house was quiet, and even the slightest sound echoed. Zane sighed, and slipped out of the house without a word. He wandered out into the woods, only his memory to follow him. He sat in a small clearing. It was dark, but small glowing mushrooms kept the area lit. He huffed and glanced at the walls of trees. "Niko? Are you here?" A small trill answered him, a moment later a kitsune (Nine-tailed fox, I believe.) the color turquoise. The fox curled in Zane's lap and purred softly. Zane smiled (For once) and pet the small creature. He hummed a melody he barely remembered. When he had asked his brothers if they knew the melody, they just shook their heads and laughed. "Zane's gone crazy!! Zane's off his rocker!!" Though Zane did not show it, the words stung. He paused the melody and wondered out loud. "Why won't anyone believe me when I say that this melody is real?  I didn't make it up... I didn't..." Without realizing it at first, Niko had gotten up  and was now sitting in front of him. Zane's eye met the foxes and while the 'staring contest' continued, the foxes eyes glow white. This spell casts Zane into a long and peaceful sleep, free from nightmares.

_______________________________________

Authors Note.

Infinity~Chan here. Apparently one of my best friends is going to be looking at my story so far. If so, hey Abrien~Senpai. Kinda nervous when the opinions will start rolling in, but to all of my readers, hope y'all have a great day!!