Chapter 19 Investigation into Jason's Death

Fast forward to the present,by god everything has a lot since the days I was a young teen.
Since that accident a lot of things have changed.
I had to marry Hal instead of FP which still hurts me to this day. I had to settle down in which I felt like I had no other choice. I had my first baby girl and named her Polly she is my eldest daughter and Betty is the youngest.

I hadn't seen FP in months. I had to understand that he is happier with the serpents and has moved on with his friend Gladys they have a young daughter called Jellybean and a son named Jughead.

It had been an interesting day we had learned about the murder of Jason Blossom. Hal and I went to Sweetwater River where there was people all over the river they were Betty's friends Jughead and Archie.
Fred Andrews had gone down to the river with his son
I had presumed Jughead went down alone.

The search and rescue team had taken the body out of the water and covered it up as they were doing it I mumbled "I hope in those last hours he had suffered"
I wasn't sure if Hal heard me because I never really liked the Blossoms.
I had especially hated Penelope.
I had soon realized that Betty was going to be sophomore. It was amazing how fast time was flying.

I had one final conversation with Betty before she became a sophomore.I had told her about the influential of colleges,grades,athletics and extracurricular activities mentioning that they would benefit her in the long run.
I never wanted her to end up like Polly who grew up too quick.I want what is best for my daughter and I want her to remain focused.

Later that night I get an unpleasant surprise. I see my daughter wearing a cheerleader costume it was from Cheryl Blossom's River Vixens."What is that"
"I made the cheer leading squad" "You mean Cheryl Blossoms cheer leading squad I simply cannot allow it"
"Can't you just be happy for me mom" Betty protested
"You don't realize the true identity of Cheryl,you don't know what kind of person she truly is".
I leave the room after that conversation with Betty.

I had to make sure that Betty about the big scandal revolving Jason Blossom's death. There was going to be lots of late nights.I knew I had to splash the register with an article about a former golden boy who met his death in Sweetwater River especially since he was part of the wealthiest family in Riverdale.

I had decided to go to Dr Curd and take a look at the corspe. "Hi Dr Curd are you free anytime this week I want to avail of your service" "Sure Mrs Cooper maybe Tuesday" "That's fine thank you"I hung up the phone as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs as Betty came down.

"Mom who were you talking to on the phone"
"I..... was just talking with your dad" I lied
"OK.......then"
"What did he say" Betty Inquired
"He will be back in time for dinner from the register".
"Speaking of dinner I might start preparing the food for it".
"I'm going to Pop's to meet up with Jughead"
"Ok then make sure you are back for dinner"

A Week Later
After a lot of late nights it was finally time to visit the corspe of Jason Blossom that was carefully under supervision of Dr Curdle.
I went to him when Betty went to school.
I arrived at the premises and I went straight to Dr Curdle's room.
"Mrs Cooper how may I help you"
"I wish to look at the corspe of Jason Blossom"
"As you wish mam"
He led to the table where Jason lay and sure enough I saw him. He had been shot in the head and judging by the current state of his body it looks as if he was put in a freezer and dropped into Sweetwater River.
"Every corpse has it's own story to tell"
"Thank you for your time Dr Curdle"
I left the area and went back home to prepare some lunch for Hal who was coming home for lunch.
I prepared his lunch in perfect time.
"Alice where did you go after Betty went to school"
I was stuck between telling the truth and telling lies.
"I went to Dr Curdle and he let me look at Jason's Corpse and he was shot in the head and frozen in a freezer judging by how his body had just looked like it had been thawed out with water"
"And have they ever found his killer yet"
"That remains a mystery to this day Hal"
"Everyone in this town are suspects now"