The Last Day of Humanity

It was dawn, 29th of September, 1883. London, United Kingdom. The sun is ready to shine and the moon is saying goodbye. I never knew that will be the last time I will see the moon say goodbye to the world and the sun says hello. It seems just yesterday when I first knew the things about the sun, moon, and stars. I remember when I was a kid, I used to ask my mother why is the moon shining? Why is the sun bright? Is the earth flat or round like what it said on my book? All of this was answered by science. But there was a certain question that puzzled me for so long, I can't really remember when did I started imagining that. When will the world end? This is a wonderful world filled with humans that live their lives to the fullest, animals that survive even though the factories produce much smoke.

   It all started when I woke up. I feel a pain somewhere in my leg like it is being destroyed. Soon after, the pain reduced so I can move. After I opened my eyes, I thanked the heavens for giving us a brand new day. Since it is a Saturday, I want to relax myself after the tiring weekdays. which I never knew that was humanities' last busy week.

   As I come down the stairs from my room. My mom served me my breakfast and greeted me a good morning. There is a strange feeling that my mom is somewhat different today. She doesn't always greet me good morning, unless maybe she is verry happy, but still, that was rare. While eating, I overheard the conversation of my parents that just read the morning paper.

   "Hmm, another woman killed by Jack the Ripper. Very scary indeed. Darling, please, do be more careful outside. The world is dangerous." My father said while having his morning coffee.

   "Yes, dear. Very careful", my mom said while purring our pet cat, who is very sweet, huggable, and cute.

   I never knew that was my last time I would see my family talk. My parents were happy and I was happy, too.

   After eating my delicous breakfast, I went for an outside walk. As a teen, meeting friends was never a restriction. We talked, laughed, and went home at early noon. It was ten forty-five in the morning and I decided to take the eleven o'clock train. I had fun while riding, I saw the busy streets of Saturday London. Little did I knew that was the last time I will see it.

   As the train went to the last station, I left the station and went to the market to buy fruits for afternoon tea. My mom planned an afternoon tea time with our family. The fruits' price were sky high today. I wonder why? After buying the cheapest ones I could find, I went home. While walking home, I passed by Baker Street and the home of the famous Sherlock Holmes, London's greatest detective.

   When I got home, I washed my hands, took my coat off, and stared to rest after my trip. While in my room, a black cat suddenly appeared and it was scratching my room's window.

   "Little pests." I was thinking. So I scared the cat and it fled noisily.

   I decided to write a letter to my friend, Johnny, who wasn't able to come earlier. I would like to inform him about our meeting. Then I thought, today's telegram line is getting expensive So I just lied down in my soft bed. I haven't noticed that I fell asleep for half an hour. So when I woke up, it was early afternoon.

   The afternoon tea will be at three o'clock. And it's one-thirty in the afternoon. So, I relaxed a few bit more. I couldn't stay in one place, so I decided to keep myself busy. I checked my closet, cleaned a few things, and lied down more. I didn't notices that it was nearing three o'clock. After I saw it is near, I bathed and had myself fixed. Afternoon tea time in our family happens once in a blue moon. So I have to enjoy it.

   The tea time is finally here, I enjoyed it a lot, my mom sliced the fruits I bought into tiny rabbit-like slices and that made the tea taste more better. Our tea is my favorite, earl grey.