Prologue

The man abruptly dropped the body to the cold ground and straightened. Her skin was already turning pale as he drained her of her blood and he couldn't help the smug smile that tugged at his lips. The bitch deserved it with her pathetic screaming and constant begging for him to save her life. The moment he had laid eyes on her she was dead.

 "Are you just gonna leave her there man?"  the weak voice grated on his nerves and as much as he would love to drain him of his blood, it was forbidden. The guy was a pawn for the boss man, and no one double crossed the boss man.

 He took a calming breath before answering, "No, you're going to get rid of the body. That's your role in this."

 Ted Choyce rolled his eyes. He knew the vampire didn't like him, but who gave a shit? The boss picked him personally, and even told him that he had a special purpose for him. That meant something right? So who liked him or not was irrelevant, it's not like he wanted blood suckers as friends any how. With that thought, Ted grabbed the skinny redhead's legs and began to drag her to the back of the van where it was already covered with plastic.

 "And hurry up Choyce, I have other things to do tonight." the other man ordered from the front of the van. Ted could see him leaning against the hood and silently wished the ground would open up under him and swallow him whole. The guy cared for  no one and Ted knew that he was secretly waiting for their boss to let him be his second in command so that he could take over.

 Ted adjusted the woman's dead body in the center of the van and pulled the sides around her so that her limp body was engulfed in white plastic. He tried to avoid eye contact with her glassed over eyes and the way she was just so..... dead. He didn't sign up for handling dead bodies, he just wanted to get his debt paid off and take care of his girlfriend.

 At the thought Ted groaned inwardly. Last time he checked in with Jessica she had told him the bail people were looking for him and were asking about the bruises on her face. Ted laughed, he bet she would learn not to burn his noodles again. But what the hell was he to about the bonds people? He knew he didn't have the funds or the protection he needed in order to stay safe. If Jessica talked it'd be over for him.

He cursed as he walked to the passenger door and yanked it open. He had to come up with a plan and fast.