Enderlox, My Sweetheart

(Part One)

It was only a little while ago when I first saw a glimpse of a dragon-man.

It was just 10 years ago. . . I was just 15 and I was still a kid. You may think I'm just telling some kind of fairy tail, but it's really true.

I was just a normal child in the village of Mizuno, my mother and father both died from protecting the great jewel from a dragon. I was only 3, but all I remember is the fire and destruction. I was only hiding in the small cabinet, but I would cry for days. The rain was falling only three days after the incident. I heard rumaging and movement of rubble and debris that uncovered the little girl that was me.

There I saw a boy. He looked a little older than me but he looked like a hero to me. After that day, he swore to care for me and make sure I would be safe at all costs. I never got his name till I was only 7. "Mister. . ." I was shy.

He answered sweetly; "Yes?"

"I was wondering. . .," I become sheepish. "What is your name?"

"My name. . .?" he looked at me with a smile. "My name is Ty, but most people call me Deadlox."

"Mister. . . Deadlox. . ." I was happily shy.

~*~*~*~

A few years later I began school. It was only a short while till I was pushed around by two girls. They were about 12 and I was 8. The strawberry colour-haired girl was Ichigo and the vanilla coloured one was Baniria. I wouldn't show my face in the halls for months, until Mr. Deadlox was helping me with school. He would walk me down to each class till the day was over.

But one day, Ichigo and Baniria made me bleed with cuts and bruises. I came home limping. Mr. Deadlox looked at me worried and upset. He cared for me with all he could. My heartbeat was too faint. Mr. Deadlox stayed by my side and never left.

One night I woke up looking up at the ceiling. I turned as I sat up and saw Mr. Deadlox with his head down rested on his arms. There was a cup of coffee near his head, so I guess he was trying to stay up. I got out of bed and carried him as the best I could and placed him in bed.

I let him rest with me sitting by his side smiling happily. It seemed like I was a new person, but it was a life worth living. That morning, Mr. Deadlox woke up and saw me all ready for school. "Mr. Deadlox, are you awake?" I asked cutely.

He sat up and saw my face. It was perfect, no scars, no bruises, just perfectly healed. He saw the time; it was only 6.30 am, and was happily ready for school. "It's only 6.30, you don't leave for an hour and a half." he smiled.

I smiled back and pointed at the window as the moon that was setting and the sun was rising. "I wanna go now. . ." I was still looking at the moon about to go to sleep. Mr. Deadlox looked at me with a sweet gaze. It was a gaze fixed to mine. "Hey." he got my attention. I jumped a bit. "If you want to go now, then let me get ready!"

We both smiled and let him get dressed. I was waiting impatiently by the door.

Mr. Deadlox walked outside of the bedroom and saw me looking back at him. "Are you ready?" he looked at me as he reached for the door handle. I only nodded as we started to walk down the road.