''THE BRAVER AND THE CONQUEROR'' a one-shot story

Life is so unfair. We born and die, we're good and bad, but when facing it. We all want to survive in the manifestation of life. Life is never been easy. It's hard as we are breathing; we have our own journey that can take us into success and failure. We have our own choice, to move forward into our desire pathway, where we can take the things better than we expect.

In my life I have encountered so many things there are good and bad things, but even I encountered bad things, I'm still moving forward for the better.

My name is Aliyah, for me, my life is not easy to take. I was only young when my father died in the car accident, an incident that changed my whole life into the worst situation. At the very young age, I experienced abuse by my own mother. It was not good. I felt pain, I was injured. Some point comes that I want to die; take a poison; go to sleep and never wake up again. All I wanted is to end my damn whole life. I want to put myself in my own dungeon, where no one can see my scenarios in life even myself. I want to hide in a room where the light was off and I'm the only one who can feel my own existence.

Days had been through, but still, I'm here breathing and tasting my situation in life. Sometimes I wish that I can disappear like a sunset when the sunrise occurs. I don't want to live anymore. Just remember my childhood experience and now I feel the same feeling. I know it's been a year passed, but I'm still searching for someone who can blame why these things happening to me now. I lose my hope to pursue my dreams, and even me. I'm angry at this world of mine. I have no strength to pursue myself to become a better person that I supposed to be. I don't know why I'm like this. I know that this is not me, maybe because I have anger toward the people around me. I have the feeling of unwanted and regret; unwanted feeling for my mother and feeling of regret to those things that happened to my family.

I remember the time when my family was whole. We are a happy life together even though there such a problem came in our life. I remember my father's smile, his laugh, his eyes, and his whole existence. I remembered the old me and probably I miss it. I miss the old me where I can laugh even in corny jokes that somebody made for me. I remember the lesson that my father taught me when I was young. I remember all the happiness that my father brought to my mother. I remembered his hard work and determination to raise his family. But all these things are just like a dream; a dream that turns into a nightmare. I'd rather want to sleep because I see the old things in my life and I don't want to wake up because I see the reality; a reality that kills the happiness in my life and turns into the worst situation. What a pitiful creature, right?

It seems midnight but I'm still awake reminiscing the past. I found myself looking at our family picture hanging beside of my door room. Then I ask myself, do you still believe in love, Aliyah?

I just smiled and said, ''idiot...'' after awhile, I felt sleepy. I closed my eyes then tears fell down into my pillow. I felt the coldness of the tears falling down on my face as I felt the anger inside my heart.

Morning comes, I can't explain my feelings right now but this is the reality, I'm here still breathing and comparing my daily lives with my past. It's probably 8 o'clock in the morning but I'm still lying on a bed; waiting for the scenario that will catch my attention to get up from my bed. Silence cover my room, then suddenly my horrible mom knock my door very loudly and said, hey! Lazy girl wakes up it's time for you to attend your first day of class. My mom knocks 5 times on my door. In my mind, I don't want to response any word to her because I hate her so much. She is so disgusting. I know this is not right to hate a mother that brought you to this world but I can't hesitate myself to regret it. She knocks my door again. I just rolled my eyes and says, ok fine.