✘eight

[viii]    

                               [kylie]

                        Today’s Saturday… The day. The actual day! I sit in the living room with Katie just trying to relax. Kendall shows up and sits down next to me.

“Hey,” she says.

“Hi. Guess what today is?”

“What?” she asks avoiding to even try to guess.

“I have a date today. Like a real one.”

“Really?!? Aww… my little sis is growing up so fast.” I fake smile.

“But now that I think about it…”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t know what to expect.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve never been on a real date before.” I’m more nervous about this than the movie night.

“That’s what’s supposed to make you excited.”

“I’m more scared,” I confess.

“Just… dress nice… and think of rainbows.”

“Huh? I’m sixteen.”

“Okay… just think of something that makes you happy.”

‘Cameron,’ I think to myself. Him and his alluring smile, glittering eyes and numerous freckles.

"Well... Go get ready," she says.

"Ok ok," I whine walking up the stairs and into my room.

Time for my date... But... I don't even know what time to meet Cam. I'll just call Paige.

"Hi," I say as she picks up.

"Hey. Ready for your date?"

"Uh... How'd you know?" I never told her.

"Um... Surprise?" I start laughing.

"So since you set up this whole thing... Do you know what time it starts?" I ask.

"Ya... Be ready by five. He's coming to pick you up."

"Ok. So this is what you guys have been hiding from me? A date isn't that big..." Is it?

"Ya... But this is huge."

"Ok," I say then hang up.

So... I'm going on a date with Cameron. What should I wear? What do you even wear on a date. And is it going to be a fancy date or not? I'll just find something pretty, yet casual.

*   *   *

I decide to go with a floral, white, blue and pink, high waisted skirt, a white crop top and white sandals. I have no idea where I'm going... So why not this? I guess. I'm so confused.

"Kylie..." Kendall yells.

"Ya?" I ask back.

"Lemme see," she says walking into my room. She gasps as her eyes land on me.

"Is this good?" I ask confused.

"Perfect!" I smile. "But..." She continues, "Let me do at least something with your hair."

"Ok," I reply.

*

A short moment later, as I look in the mirror, I see beautiful, bouncy curls.