Chapter One

My footsteps echoed down the tiled hallway, almost as loud as my heartbeat in my ears. I hated the idea of sitting in a room filled with other people like me. In all honesty, I was more worried people actually felt like I did, rather than the idea of sitting in the presence of strangers. No one should feel like me. I wanted to die. I literally wanted to be best friends with the Grimm Reaper himself, so I could leave this life easily. It's oh so selfish, but I can't help it. I've tried to be happy, I can't. I tried to be optimistic, I failed. I suppose it's bound to happen when you're constantly told you're dying from a sickness and the only way to possibly save yourself is to kill your body, with the hope that the sickness will die before you do.

The door to the therapy room smacked against the wall when I entered. I'm sure everyone in the room saw me cringe as the 'bang' rang out and I was almost willing to put money on the fact that the wall probably had a decent sized dent in the drywall. The nurse and therapist both smiled gently at me and of course, I returned it. Laura and Ricky were always my two favorite people in all my time in and out of the hospital. They both tried to save me so many times before. I wish they'd give up already.

I think chemotherapy and radiation is a joke when it comes to helping cancer patients. I watched my grandmother turn into a completely different person after she agreed to chemo to treat her lung cancer. I absolutely refuse to jump on that bandwagon and have a race with my cancer cells to see who can die first.

Truth be told, the only thing that can truly save someone is their will to live and I seem to have lost mine.