Part 14

When he returned most of the ships had left the main force for the attack, but some remained. Entering in the one he knew Fiore was in was a familiar process, but when his door opened he was met with the soft machinations of guns. The only thing he could think of were his e1 yes, shifting them to a muted brown. They all stared at each other, their minds giving them away but not giving him enough, they had only been ordered to take him to a conference room and didn't know anything else.

He followed without a word as they flanked him, not caring, they could try to kill him but the most it would be was an inconvenience. When he made it to the room he still had not sensed Fiore's presence and it was setting him on edge, making his shoulders want to tense up. Years of training prevented him from appearing anything but relaxed, his muscles loose and ready to strike. The door opened up before him and his feet hesitated over the threshold before he stepped in, Fiore wasn't there but there were three of her kind sitting at the table. A pair of guards behind each one, three distinct royal insignias.

Yurna, Faris and Flynn, the oldest one there was the sister, and the other two were identical twins. She greeted him first, loud and undignified "Well it seems that we were right. Our dear late sister finally had the guts to stand up to mommy." He bristled at her statement but didn't speak. "Don't be surprised, only a Valycion could do jobs the way you've been doing them. A bit sloppy if you ask me." It didn't matter what she said, his features were expressionless. Fiore was gone. Were there more of them?

"What's got your tongue? Or did Fiore just make you her little puppet and now that she's dead you're useless." It was Flynn that spoke next, he couldn't tell by looks he had to search the insignias of his guards. "It did take the three of us to take her down but we just couldn't pass up this opportunity if it meant taking her down." Faris had yet to say anything but his silence told Valaz enough about his compliance in the act. There were nine of them in the room but if they had grasped what he was then they should have realized that they would fail in whatever quest they were on – whether to kill him or convince him to serve one of them.

The soldier's body didn't move but Valaz did, invading the body of one of Yurna's guards first, firing at his companion. She started in front of him and shot but he barely even felt the bullet he was on to the next guard, this one Faris'. They shot each other without thinking anymore, each sibling indiscriminate in their actions. The three of them were weak enough that it had taken them all to launch an assault on Fiore, and the brother part of the invasion was the most likely candidate for the one who set the situation up.

He could already hear the uproar of half a garrison pounding towards the commotion, but they had lost track of who he had melded with and who was acting of their own volition. Eventually they were all dead and he was left wearing a feminine form. That was the body he fled in, out of the room, an expression close to shock he wasn't able to shake from Yurna's face.