Soloman Strange

Solomon Strange didn't know his hair colour, or eye colour, or skin colour, but he did know the scent, the feel of the orange fur caked in blood and mud that encompassed every inch of him. He did know the paws keeping him going, the smell of pine, the feel of the sun on his back. He did know the feral instincts constantly trying to override any part of humanity still remaining in him, most days he even forgot. All he had now was memories. These instincts, though, were trying to save him. A need for shelter pumped through him, with a sense of urgency overriding the numbness of his paws, or the aching burn of the fresh wounds the storm had gifted him. Solomon bounded through the emerald foliage buzzing with life. His pace slowed and his vision blurred as his energy steadily slipped away- along with his blood. The blood loss was taking its toll. He didn't realise he was on the ground until he was pressed up against the drenched forest floor. A lyrical treasure of a melody filled his ears and lulled his eyes shut. Flashbacks played against his eyes of a time before. A human woman playing the flute in an aqua blue dress. A man waving to me from a side-ward angle saying gibberish about a quest, his face wrapped in shadows, his body in a black cloak, then pain, excruciating pain, this memory from before was one Solomon had not yet experienced and it taunted him with its air of finality that Solomon had forbidden himself from letting in. One day he would return to the human boy he once was.

Solomon strange was up in a second, his sharp eyes exploring the cave in which he had found himself. His gaze fell on a strange, flickering emitting heat and light- fire, it was called fire. It was one of the few things he remembered from the time before, it intrigued him increasingly.
"I can sense something strange about you, fox," came a soft voice from the shadows. Solomon took a tentative step forward, so did the stranger. They took a step into the light revealed themselves as- a young girl with hunter green eyes and brown hair cut shoulder length. Her clothes were stained with mud and blood.
"You, like me, are different to those seemingly like us," she continued while studying me. Although Solomon could still understand most of the human language he could no longer speak the dialect. So he was forced to simply cock his head to the side in order to portray his confusion. The girl walked to the cave's entrance and beckoned with her hand.
"Come."

The girl stepped into the rain with Solomon at her side, he did not know whether he could trust her but he felt a strange familiarity when looking at her. He had the strangest feeling while standing in the heavy rain. Something was gnawing at him and he could do nothing but try to ignore it. That was, before he looked at the girl and noticed the rain playfully bouncing off the air around her- and himself. He realised he was completely dry and knew most humans could not do this. They continued walking through the thick forest, sunlight streaming in occasionally. Not once, though, did Solomon see another living being, human nor animal. They seemed to arrive at two strange rocks far taller than the both of them. Strange marks, combinations of swirls and lines, covered the entirety of them.
The girl stepped between them and when Solomon didn't follow, she said, "this is the only way." Then continued on without looking back. Somehow this girl knew and that was enough for Solomon.

A circle of the rocks appeared all around them in a clearing. The girl turned to Solomon gave him a serious, but reassuring, look then raised her hands. He suddenly felt unsure, suddenly wanted to run, but was frozen in place and a tingling feeling was spreading all over his body. The girl's eyes were shut tight and she was murmuring almost imperceptibly. Tears started rushing out of her eyes and suddenly Solomon was no longer frozen. She fell to her knees and he nudged her with my nose.
Slowly she opened her eyes and breathed a single word, "sorry."

Excruciating pain blinded Solomon and memories flooded his senses.
He had had a mother, a father, a family, then he the warlock coated in shadows took it away with a flick of his wand. As soon as it had started it stopped and Solomon awoke as a boy once again. He stumbled back a few steps as a goofy smile bloomed on his face. Once he looked up, though, it fell away just as easily as it had come. Standing in front of him was the warlock, although, a white grin was etched across his face, its pearly white the only thing distinguishable from the shadows thriving around him.
"What a waste," he seethed, "my daughter chose to waste it on you? How incredibly naive."
"What do you mean 'waste it on me'? Where did you take her?" Solomon shot back, the words had crawled up his throat and felt strange in his mouth. The warlock barked up a deep, condescending laugh.
"She really didn't tell you anything? Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to tell you, you'll be dead soon enough," it was then that a scythe appeared at his side and Solomon's heartbeat quickened. Solomon's eyes searched and landed on a jade blade scattered a few meters away. A memory flashed before his eyes of the warlock girl using it to stab the shadow warlock he was currently fighting. She must've given it to him before, so I would know how to defeat him.
"What did she waste on me?"Solomon demanded.
"When she chose to use some of my power, to reverse the spell I put on you, it released me from her control, and voila," he finished with a gesture to the length of his body. A second passed then he swung the scythe in a tall arc over his head. The weapon seemed to increase as he swung it but Solomon was prepared and leaped to the side, narrowly missing it. While the warlock was distracted, he swiftly picked up the dagger and tucked it into the waistband of the jeans he had found himself wearing. The warlock's eyes found his and held them, then smirked before swinging again. The swing came sidewards but Solomon jumped back, but the Warlock was smart and efficient enough to increase its size before it made contact. Though, apparently not smart enough. Solomon tucked down and rolled to the side. He watched in amazement as the scythe cut clean through the rock that had formerly been behind him. Solomon had suspected it was stronger than the average scythe but only now were his suspicions confirmed. The warlock's grin had fallen away and the shadows around him were now a deep black. His eyes were now glued to Solomon trying to figure out his next tricks that he didn't see the most apparent one.

The rock came crashing down with a mighty roar, but not as much so as the warlock's when the stone pinned him to the ground.
"HOW? How did you know of the obscurious rock's magical properties?" Solomon really hadn't, but he didn't deen answer as he cautiously walked over and crouched down.
Fear sparked in the warlock's eyes once Solomon took out the knife but he continued to speak, "don't you wanna find your parents? I will help you all you have to do is give me th-" he never finished. Solomon steeled his nerves and plunged the cold knife into the warlocks heart. The warlock went limp and the shadows started writhing around the both of them. They clung to Solomon but they eventually detached all together, to reveal- the girl.
She opened her eyes sleepily and asked, "Solomon?" Solomon nodded with wonder at the girl in front of him, a saviour and someone he hoped would be the first real relationship he'd had in years.
She smiled at him and said, "hi, I'm Lillian."