Shift

(Warning to all, this work will frequently shift between 1st and 3rd person perspectives. However, each chapter stay in one style or the other. Thanks.)

A decent sized drawing table in the corner. A place I spent too much time at and never once learned how to draw. The manilla folder labeled Art ? Filled with anything but. No, Art is the time to sit back and observe. Since the art room is massive, the school decided, in its infinite wisdom, to corral as many of us in this musky room as possible. Thus, I sit (well actually stand) in this corner, examining and writing my thoughts on the different specimens of humanity that walk through the door. Being an outcast makes this rather easy. People can be easily grouped. There are individual outcasts (yours truly), the outcast group (who grows snobbier every day), geeks and nerds (different subspecies), intellectuals (smart popular people), popular girls (not as bad as they seem sometimes), and of course jocks ('nuff said). All different people from all walks of life. It's all part of a delicate ecosystem of those inflicting pain and those in pain. Me? I like to think I'm doing a little bit of both. Most of the time I'm the one taking the heat, but that's ok. Soon things would change. All this thought made my eyes heavy. I slowly put my head down on the desk, closing my eyes for what felt like thirty seconds but was closer to five minutes. After finally coming to my sense I get to reading my book, which of course was another piece on philosophy. Just another day in the life of an "Angel".