Prologue

On a Friday night every teenager is out partying, getting drunk and most likely forgetting everything the next morning, except for Valeria Campbell. She gets invited to lots of parties, she would like to think it’s because people have grown an interest in her or maybe it’s just the fact that she's always seen with Brianna. She couldn't be bothered to show up to a party, she'd rather sit in the cosy coffee shop, alone, and read a good book.

Books are a great way to get away from reality. It can take your mind off of things, it can help you forget, and that's what someone like Valeria Campbell needs. Getting emotionally attached to fictional characters? She loves it.

The lights are dimmed and the coffee shop is decorated with fairy lights. Soft music is playing in the background, it’s so soft that it’s barely noticeable that music is being played. The place is occupied by only a few people. A couple is taking sips from their coffee and sharing cake, an old man is reading his newspaper, a girl in her mid-twenties is standing behind the counter tapping away on her phone.

And a teenage girl all the way in the back isolating herself from the others whilst reading ‘City of Bones’.

The girl was lost in her book she didn't hear the door open, everyone else looked up to catch a glimpse of the person who just walked in. A guy around her age walked in and seated himself by the counter he was probably making an order right now. He had dark messy hair and  was wearing dark jeans with only a white V-neck covering his upper body.

The guy said something that made the girl behind the counter laugh, when the girl heard laughing she looked up, only to be met with the eyes of the handsome guy already looking at her. It was not a friendly look at all, in fact it was a cold, dark stare. She shot him a soft smile, which wasn't returned. Feeling slightly uneasy the girl hid her face back in her book.

After a while it took her all the courage in her to look up so she could look at the clock, seeing as it was already 10:45PM she shut her book close and decided to get going, as she stood up in a hurry running to the door, she tried putting her phone in her bag and running to the door she bumped into someone.

And just her luck, she bumped into the guy who seemed to hate her already.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, I was in a hurry I didn't see you!" Valeria apologized to the slightly irritated guy.

"Yeah, well, say that to my coffee stained shirt." He murmured to himself not realizing Valeria heard him. "Shit."

"I'm so sorry do you want me to buy you another coffee or pay for your sh-" Valeria didn't get the chance to finish her sentence as the guy grew more irritated and exited the coffee shop without saying another word.

--

Taking my keys from my bag, I tried to get in as quiet as possible.

"Where have you been? Couldn't you at least call or text me to let me know that you're alright? Or maybe pick up your phone when I try to call you?!"

So much for getting in unnoticed. Ashley Campbell stood in the hallway looking with a concerned and upset expression at me, waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry mom, I went for a coffee and I started a book and I lost track of time. It won't happen again." My mom nodded as she went back to watching her soap knowing it took her a lot to get me out of the house once in a while so it wasn't up to her to nag about me being outside

I ran upstairs to my room and climbed in my bed, without taking off my shoes or jacket. I just wanted to sleep and forget about that guy who seemed to hate me. I didn’t even know his name nor does he know my name, yet he still hated me and it bugged me, a lot. 

----------

HI SO THIS IS MY FIRST REAL STORY ON HERE SO I HOPE SOMEONE WILL READ IT AND HOPEFULLY LIKE IT. The girl in the photo is Valeria.

I'm a boring teenager with no social life so it won't take me too long to update.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS AND IF I SHOULD CONTINUE :)

thanks for reading xx