one

moving is never easy
especially when you're forced to move away from your friends and the place you knew best
of course i didn't get a say in anything
if i had a choice, we would have stayed in vancouver
i would have never left my home or my friends
i really don't understand why we are moving to los angeles
a place full of stubborn assholes
vancouver wasn't and isn't full of stubborn assholes
yeah i have heard it's where dreams are made
but there's other huge cities we could have moved to
and los angeles was not on my list
well let's just get this started

i had charged my bluetooth speaker so i could listen to music while i packed the rest of my stuff in my room. i turned on hamilton and just jammed out to it.

i had just finished packing the last of the boxes and taped them up so obviously nothing comes out during travel.

"finn, are you done packing?" my mom came into my now former room and asked.

"yeah" i sighed. i really didn't want to move but it's what my dads job had picked for him. he's a surgeon and his job transferred him to los angeles.

"i know you don't want to move and i don't either but honey you know this is what we have to do" she softly spoke to me rubbing my shoulder.

"to a place with stubborn shitty assholes, great" i rolled my eyes. "that means i'll have to make new friends and i really don't want to have to do that"

i know that sounds bad but honestly i have great friends already im not really interested in making more.

"finn, it's summer, you don't have to worry, yet" she smiled. "now let's go downstairs so we can get to the airport" she turned and left the room.

i picked up my speaker and left the very empty room. all the memories would now be gone. i was leaving and never coming back to this home again.

my dad drove us to the airport and then he drove back to the house because there was still a few more things to do at the house and my mom and i didn't need to be there for.

"you know finn, you may meet a cute guy" she rubbed my back and smiled. i already came out to her and she's really supportive.

"i could also find a cute guy in vancouver but i can't now because we're moving" i rolled my eyes once again.

i could find a cute guy but he may be a shithead and i'm not really looking for someone who could possibly treat me like rubbish.

"it will be okay" she spoke again. "they're gonna be calling us soon"

i sat down in a chair and slouched.

"finn, honey, they're calling for us to board our plane" my mom tapped me and spoke. i got up and started walking towards the plane.

we walked on and sat in our seats. thankfully, i had a window seat.

i had inserted my earbuds into my ears and turned on my music, which, consisted of hamilton and a bunch of other genres.

i closed my eyes and drifted to sleep on this long plane ride.

-

we landed finally and my mom woke me up. i grabbed my carry on bag and loaded myself off the plane.

i mean LAX is a lot bigger than what people think it is. it's huge. it's nice of course. i picked up my bag and started to walk outside.

"how do you like it, finn?" mom asked me. i kinda rolled my eyes and replied.

"oh dear, it's wonderful." i spoke sarcastically. i could tell she felt bad cause she didn't want to leave either.

"finn, i didn't want to move either but sometimes we have to do things we don't like" she frowned. i don't mean to be an ass to her, i'm just real upset.