4 o'clock

Mercy's P.O.V.

---------------------

I look over at my room, making sure I've picked up all my clothes off the ground. I've had sleepovers with Zinnia before, but this one is different.

Zinnia Tarrel had been my best friend since she stuck up for me in 3rd grade. She has beautiful dark hair that cascades down her back, and bright green eyes that change in shade according to her emotion. She is slim with the perfect amount of curves. Just thinking about her puts colour into my ghost pale cheeks. This sleepover is different because I have to confess something to her. I have to. If I don't tell her during the sleepover I never will.

I love her.

That's the secret.

I suppose I should have realized it, but how could I when I couldn't accept it myself? I just hope she feels the same way.

I give my room an approving look as the doorbell rings. Right on time, as always. I think with a smile.

I walk down the wooden hallway to our front door. I take a deep breath and open the door.

Zinnia's P.O.V.

-------------------

This is going to be the best sleepover I've ever had. Mercy's parents are away for a long weekend and they think Im the responsible one in our friendship, so we are having a long sleepover. I want it so we can hang out, and her parents want it to make sure she doesn't go out and take drugs. Im kidding.

Mostly.

But this is going to be the best sleepover ever because I have something to tell Mercy. A secret I've kept for years..