chapter 7

In the few weeks that have turn into months since Joelle had arrived,
She had grown to love Emilia with the whole of her heart.

She knew it was foolish.
She knew her heart would break into pieces when it was time for her to say goodbye to the little girl.

There was nothing she could do about it.  Not everything just seems to have a cure.

And it also appear there was nothing she could do to stop her foolish heart from falling in love with Emilia’s daddy either.

Victor was proud, annoying but beautiful and tender when it comes to his child and she couldn’t stop her love from growing for him even when she knew he didn’t want her.
Sometimes she lay awake and hope that he would find her attractive, her feelings were getting out of control.
There was nothing she could do but shake her head off from thinking nonsense knowing that what she was thinking would never come through.

He hadn’t made a move to her direction since he had mistakenly kiss and made her felt like a fool.
And he had also created a big distance between them, after the incident in the kitchen.

He spent half of his time in his room and the other half with his daughter.

Even when they accidentally come across each other on their way out from their rooms, they just greet each other avoiding eye contacts.
She didn’t want to inconvenience him in his own house but it was as if that was exactly what she was doing to him. 

One night, Emilia woke up and was crying impatiently for food.
Joelle had known she would wake early because she had refused to eat dinner before sleeping.
She took Emilia who was crying and went to the kitchen to feed her.
when she was in the kitchen, she tried to sit Emilia down in other to be able to get the stove on, so she could heat water.
But it was as if Emilia had another plan, she was not in the mood to sit or to give the word "patience" a try and this was given Joelle  tough time. she was confuse about what to do.

Joelle felt the urge to wake Victor up but just wave it.
she carried Emilia and was trying to get the both things done anyhow.
When she was still trying to calm Emilia and at the same time get the stove on, she saw victor hands stretched towards her to get Emilia.

When Emilia was in her father arms, her screaming and crying suddenly come to an end.
And in less than five minute Emilia food was ready...

Joelle tried to get Emilia from her father so she could feed her, but the little girl refused. rather she rested her head more firmly on her father's strong shoulder.

“I think she wants you to watch her eat” Joelle said smiling lightly at victor and was surprised when victor smiled back at her adjusting his daughter as he sat so Joelle could have access to feed her freely.

Her hand torched his several times but she pretended not to notice but he could tell she was not comfortable.

Emilia used her hand to pushed Joelle’s as she was about to put another spoon in her mouth, then her hand touched victor’s arm again but this time it was as if electric current had pass through her hand to her brain.

She look at victor to say sorry, but her mouth remained opened forming the shape of sorry but no word came out.
Victor on the other didn’t stop looking at her she paused motionlessly with the spoon in her hand.

The normal Joelle would have shyly removed her eyes as victor was also looking at her intensively but she didn’t. Before she knew what was happening victor lips were already on hers she did nothing but remind still.

When victor broke the kiss, Joelle was staring at him totally lost.
She was later brought back to reality when victor changed Emilia position, the little girl was already sleeping.