I'm sorry.

What is this: A one-shot

Pairing: Harry and Hermione

Time period: After the war

Time restriction: An hour

Word restriction: 500- word count- 431

Challenge accepted or not- yes

Hermione stared into the blank glassy eyes of the Boy-Who-Lived.

A strong set of hands held her shoulders, "Come on Hermione, he wouldn't want you to be upset," Ron said- he had lost his vest friend- she'd lost a lover.  

Hermione's eyes were still focused on Harry's still figure as Ron guided her away, tears in his eyes as well. 

When they arrived at the burrow, with no further ado, Hermione had torn herself away from Ron after seeing the happy couples that survived. Ginny and Neville were kissing, Ron and Luna busy hugging, George and Angelina, Bill and Fleur- it was just her without her special one. 

She tore up to her room- no one noticed. If Harry was here she knew he'd have come up and told her how special she was but that was the thing- he wasn't here- and he would never be. Her sight filled up with salty water. 

That night- Ginny brought up dinner to the distraught girl, she'd noticed that Hermione hadn't even touched her meal. The same happened for three days until someone mysterious arrived. 

That person was Draco Malfoy. He'd become friends with Hermione secretly and was secretly in love but when he entered her room- his heart was crushed at the sight. 

That night, he'd laid at the bottom of the room, watching her until his eyes could take no more. She'd remained motionless and crying all night.

So, when the next morning, Draco awoke with her bed tidy, her clothes put in the cupboard and her window and door open he had expected her at the breakfast table but he was met with a note- I'm Sorry.

He had raced out the room towards where his heart led him and too his shock, there by the lake, a white hand stuck up with droplets hanging off elegantly was Hermione Granger- submerged below the surface- she be reunited with her loved one.

Her hair hung around her face and to anyone observing- she looked as though sleeping if it were not the fact she was under water. What tore his heart the most was in her other hand, clutched to her heart was a picture of herself and Harry holding hands looking as if there wasn't a care in the world.

He had raced back to burrow and to their shock as they ran along to the lake, the seaweed seemed to shape the words

I'm Sorry.