Chapter 14

Wade is here. I don't think he's handling this pretty well. I've been to the hospital so many times, I'm used to it by now. I wouldn't want him here in my spot anyways. His family is here trying to come back here to see me. But there's just one problem, only family is allowed. They aren't my family, they are his.
"We are all she has. Her parents aren't here. You need to let us go back there and speak to our babygirl." Granny says.
Oh, I love granny. She will fight someone if she has to. She is what we call the life of the party. Everyone enters my room but Wade. He can't stand seeing me in this type of condition. I wish he would come back here though. I really miss him.
"He's worries about you. He wishes he was here and not you." Granny says.
"I don't. I'm glad I'm here; I can handle a lot more than he can. If he was here, he could have easily died and I don't want to lose him. I've been through this multiple times. My body can handle a little gun shot." It's the honest truth. I'm not even in pain. "Can you please have him come in here. I really want to see him."
They shake their heads and leave the room. Wade follows into the room and sits down on my bed.
"This wasn't supposed to happen like this."
I put my hand on his and squeeze his hand.
"Life takes you through difficulties. It shows us how strong we are. I didn't want to lose you, so I jumped in front of the bullet. I'm fine, knowing that you're fine. You don't need to worry about me. Once I get out we can go to the camp again and just relax and enjoy life."
"To the camp? That's how you got here. Do you not remember that?" Wade exclaims.
He has a point. I just want to be with him without someone trying to ruin my life or his. I wonder who that even was anyways and how they even found us. Who shot me? Why did they shoot me?
Then it hit me. I looked outside my room and there he was. Derek. What in the hell is he doing here? I squeeze Wade's hand as I start to panic. My heart is racing, it begins to get extremely hot in the hospital. I can't breathe.
The doctors rush in to try to calm me down. Nothing is working. Wade leaves. Why? I need him here.
"We can't slow her heart rate down. We are doing everything we possibly can."
Wade walks back into the room.
"Can I try? I might can slow her heart rate down."
The doctors move to the side to let him get close to me.
"Babe." He grabs my sweaty hands. "Look at me." My heart is proceeding to race and I can't breathe still. He stares into my eyes. Puts my hand on his heart. "Focus on the beating of my heart."
"We don't have all day. We might lose her." The doctors exclaimed.
"Stop. Let me take care of this. It's a panic attack and you have to know how to calm them down. And I'm the only one who knows how to calm Zoey down. Now hush."
He looks back at me. "Think of me laying in your lap and you running your fingers through my hair. Nothing was going on, but we were happy. Think of you laying in my arms. It makes me happy. Think of happiness babe. Think of me. I'm right here. Calm down." He leans in to kiss me. Damn I love his kisses.
"Her heart rate is slowing down." The doctor says.
"See. If you just give her to the right person, she will calm down. You just have to know how to calm her down correctly."
I'm ready to leave this hell house. I hate being here. The doctors are so rude. The nurse walks in to release me. I'm free after I sign on the dotted line. I get up and walk towards the dark. Here comes the light. I'm free. Finally. Goodbye hell house.