A Heart Gone Cold

*Prologue*

I sauntered around, dodging people all over the place. The house was so crowded, I could barely walk through. I pushed through the many people playing beer pong and lord knows what else. Lisa, who was in my english class, was standing on a table dancing like an idiot, her best friend Linday trying to get her down. 

What a party.

I walked up the stairs, my brain spinning. I hadn't even drunk that much, only one cup. I just had a really low tolerance for alcohol. 

I couldn't find Aiden anywhere.

Aiden Hartfield was my boyfriend. He was a straight A student, star of the football team, most popular guy in school. He was Lockwood High's "it" boy. Everyone looked up to him. And I was luck enough to have him as my boyfriend. He was absolutely perfect. He always treated me right.

Until that night.

"Aiden?" I yelled. I'd been looking for him and Payton. I hadn't seen either of them for a long time, and I was getting really tired of this party. I needed a ride home, ASAP. 

Where could they be?

I stopped. Was that Aiden? I pressed my ear against one of the doors and listened.

"Ooh baby I love you." I heard him say. I gasped.

I threw the door open and barged into the bedroom. And there I saw it.

Payton and Aiden. In bed. Making out.

I froze in shock. 

Payton was all over him. She was straddling him, naked. Her legs wrapped around his naked chest. Tears pricked my eyes.

They froze when they saw me. "C-Carter! It's not-"

"What I think it is? Then what is it, Aiden? You ass! And you" I pointed a finger at Payton, "don't you ever speak to me again you hoe."

They stared at me, and I flipped them off and walked out. I ran downstairs, my face streaming with tears. I shoved my way to the front door and ran to my car. 

I sobbed imnto my knees in the drivers seat, not turning on the car. I didn't know where to go. Where was I supposed to go? Home? A bar? 

Nowhere sounded welcoming anymore.

My eyes hurt, and my sobs sounded choked up after almost an hour. Everything hurt.

And I just sat in the car, curled up in a ball, sobbing away my troubles.

I had loved him so much.

How could they do this to me? I had trusted Payton so much.

I had trusted them both.

And right then and there, I promised myself one thing.

That I would never, ever, love again.