Chapter One

Monday morning. The first Monday back at school after the New Year and I had Physics with Mrs. White. I enjoy Physics, in fact I enjoy all of the three sciences, but being in the class that I was stuck in it made learning new things the most tedious task in the whole world.

 The classroom was an awfully large room with mustard yellow walls, which were peeling, and a really nasty grey coloured carpet. All of the work benches and side boards were made out of wood, which over the years had gone very sticky. I sat in the back left hand corner of the room on a table of my own. I wasn’t exactly very popular with anyone; My only friends were the people I would meet in books.

I walk in clutching my books close to my chest and slump back in my chair. As I threw my books down on the desk I just listened to all the New Year’s stories that my class “mates” told. I didn’t do anything over New Year’s but read ‘The fault in our stars’ about 200 times. I sat there day dreaming, not focusing on the teacher drivelling on about her own boring New Year’s.

“BELLE!” Mrs White shouted “Can you stop staring into space and focus on what I’m saying maybe?”

I looked up, nodded and went back to looking out the window.

“And today we have someone new joining us today.” Mrs White said. I looked round to see a tall, handsome boy staring directly at me. Why was he staring directly at me? He had sand coloured, curly hair with deep blue-green eyes. He looked like an extra off the cast of Grease. He was wearing light wash jeans, a white tee-shirt and an oversized leather jacket.

He smiled and said “Hi, I’m Fredrick, but everyone at my old school called me Freddie.”  The whole time he was speaking he didn’t take his eyes off me. I didn’t understand. I wasn’t exactly the most prettiest of girls? I had a shaggy, dark brown pixie cut and barely wore makeup. I never once dressed to impress so why did Freddie insist on staring at me?

“Well,” Mrs White sighed “Where can you sit?”

Freddie said almost immediately “I know where to sit.” He walked over in my direction and all I could think was don’t sit next to me! Please don’t sit next to…he’s gonna sit next to me isn’t he? He shuffled around a bit while he got comfortable and got his books out but when he was finished he went back to staring at me, again.

Mrs White got in with teaching the lesson as Freddie got finished  getting comfortable. He was still staring and I couldn't help but feel a bit weird. I want to say something. I have to say something because this is starting to get creepy.

"Freddie, can I help you? Because you’re staring is making me feel uncomfortable." He just laughed and looked away.

 "What?" I glared

 "I'm sorry I was staring" he said. He was surprisingly articulate with a very deep silky voice. "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable; I just thought you were pretty." I snorted with laughter louder than expected.

"Pretty?!" Mrs White glared in our direction. "Pretty?" I said quieter that the first time, "I'm definitely not pretty."

I looked down and tried to focus on the lesson. There was a pause that felt like it lasted a lifetime. I could tell he was staring again. I rolled my eyes and turned my head to look at him with a look of 'could you please stop'.

"I think you’re really pretty!" I couldn’t believe what he was saying. I have known him less than 5 minuets and he has already making me blush. He leant so close to me I could feel his breath in my cheek.

 "Oh my god, that's so cheesy." I sniggered. I turned to him and was met me his face, inches away from mine. I could feel my cheeks going redder and redder.

 "Shut up- wait I don't know your name?"

 "Belle” I said with a small grin.

"Okay. Shut up Belle!" He laughed We both laughed some more, got glared at by the Miss, then attempted to get on with the lesson but all I could think of was that one if the cutest boys I have ever seen thinks I'm pretty!