~ Two ~

"So here is your room, I think it will do." My uncle told me. I walked into the spacious room and leaped face first onto the extremely comfortable (to say the least) bed, it felt like a cloud. I slightly sunk in, and smiled. "In a few minutes we can go dress shopping, Emily." My aunt told me. "Okay." I smiled.

In the city

I smiled at the people passing by me, "This dress shop looks nice." My aunt commented as she pulled me into it, it was an empty small shop. It felt like home, "Which one of you women needs to get measured?" The kind-looking man asked, softly. "Her." My aunt said, pointing at me. "Follow me back here." He said to me, my aunt sat down near a window. I didn't realize how tall he was compared to me until he was in front of me.

He led me into a back room, connected to another room, "Take your dress off in there." He pointed to the room. I opened the door, it was a small room. I would expect that, being a room to change in, I closed the door. As I was taking my dress off I saw a lovely navy-blue dress with light blue ribbons and a floral pattern on the fabric.

It looked nice, I took my corset off and was done, I walked out of the room. He had a measuring tape, I walked in front of him, "So put your arms to the side, I need to measure your waist." He told me, I did. "Why is there a dress in there?" I asked. "Someone hasn't picked it up for a long time. They moved, why? Would you like to try it?" He asked. "Sure." I said. "After this, though." He told me.

I nodded.

Time skip

I walked out with the dress on, "What do you think?" I asked. His eyes widened. "You look great!" He smiled. "Do you like it?" He asked. "Yes, I quite do." I smiled. "You can have it then, well... if your mother approves." His light blue eyes showed lots of emotion and were very lively. "She is my aunt, actually." I told him.

My aunt Isabelle walked in, "You look lovely Emily!" She smiled. "Can I get it?" I asked. "Of course!" She smiled. I walked into the changing room and changed into my dress. I walked out, the dress in my hand. I walked to the counter with it, "That will be fifty cents." He said. My ant nodded and handed him the money.

"I must ask, what is your name?" I asked. "My name is Jean-Pierre Pontmercy." He smiled. "Emily de La Fayette." I curtsied, he gently held my hand and kissed it. "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, but we must go." I told him. "Will I see you at the ball?" He asked, eagerly. "Maybe." I teased him. We walked out of the store and headed home.

What a man.