Chapter One - Why Me?

I come from a family of water manipulators. My grandparents, my mom and dad, my brother, etcetera. So when I came along, it was expected that I would be a water manipulator. However, that was not the case at all. I didn't even have powers. That's right; I am the 1 in 100 000 000 people that doesn't have a power. There are about 69 more people on the earth who are like me. I had been singled out and humiliated my whole life because of this.

        But now, everything was going to change.

        At least, it was supposed to.

        Science had come up with a serum that when injected, would give the patient superpowers of their choice. This was the answer to my problem. My parents helped me to go and volunteer to get this injection to get water manipulation. The whole procedure was quite easy. They stuck a rather large needle in my arms, legs, and my neck. I was put under for this, so I didn't feel anything. When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed, which was exactly where I was told I would be. I felt slightly feverish but I supposed that was just a side effect.

        The scientists brought me to a special room to test out my powers, and that's when things went haywire. I did exactly what the scientists told me; to concentrate and force the power out of my hands (the basics, really). This is when everything went to shit. Fire came out of my hands.

        Fire came out of my fucking hands.

        FIRE!

        Of all powers in the world, I had to be given fire manipulation! One of the biggest mistakes in science history had to be made on me; with fire. I think I'd rather go back to having no powers, thank you very much. What was my family going to say? I've already been a disgrace for having no powers; now I'll be even a bigger disgrace for being the absolute opposite of them! Fire and water do not mix; not even in the slightest.

        Anyways; I'm getting out of hand with my thoughts.. The scientists had the same reaction as me. We all let out a yelp of surprise and jumped away from the fire. I looked nervously at the scientists and they looked at each other. This was not good; not good at all.