Chapter 1

Another stroke, and done.

I have been sitting at the edge of the cliff for a couple of hours now, capturing the view with painting. I felt like I have reached another level of peace whenever I sit down to paint. I once again glanced over the valley, covered with cloud from the height that I sat looking at it.

I glanced at the watch with broken glass, I smiled. It's 5:15, perfect. I had enough time to go back to the orphanage and help out with the dinner.

Yes, I am an orphan, found abandoned at birth. Sometimes, I wonder why didn't my parents just murdered me inside of just throwing me away, seeing the pain that I've endured. Good thing I am almost turning 18 this week, and that would be my cue to depart from the orphanage. It's not that I have to but I want to. 

I have learned how to be independent on my own and would love to explore the world and myself and find myself a mate. Yes, I am a werewolf, which is one of the reasons why I survived without my mother nurturing me, thank god for that.

I always loved walking to the orphanage because of the beautiful forest I have to cross every time. It had tall trees and green smell that I would never forget, ever. I feel like the animals that resided in it were familiar to me by now as I already walked through the forest for like ten million by now.

I remember when I was small, around 8-9, I always trouble Mr.Jones by disappearing into the forest to play with the birds. In the end, he ended up teaching me how to fight, how to shift and how to stealth to protect myself, he never treats boys and the girls differently which is one of the reasons why he holds such a high place in my heart.

My current orphanage is called Hope, it's not the first orphanage that I have been to. Mr. Jones told me that I was 7 when I came to him, he was never told why I moved but I have flashbacks, darks one.

I was walked back on the path to Hope center, loving the feeling to grassing crunching under my shoes as always. I have all art material stored neatly in my backpacks. I look up at the sky, teal color, so lovely when I heard cheers coming from my left. 

I hurried and hide, I had to because orphans are not respected in werewolves community and are taboo.

The voices are louder and louder, I could make out that the voice was all manly, they are all happy and teasing each other. A combination of smell reached my nose, I instantly recognized one of them as my mate. 

My wolf began to get excited while I start to look for the smell of getting closer to the group. I was in such a haze until one of guy pushed another guy and he bumped into me. Thank god for the werewolves reflexes, the guy turned around and quickly keep hold of my left to keep me from falling. 

No sparks, my wolf got deflate a little, it always hoped for dramatic introduction with my future mate. As I still staring at the face of the handsome stranger that was holding me, a guttural growl was heard from my right. BINGO.

I turn to look and I was blown away by the beauty of my mate. At the moment, I was at lost of how to describe this being. Pencil-sharp nose, chiseled jaw and those hazel eyes, I almost cried looking into them. They had a mixture of emotion that shone through but the most prominent one was passion. He rushed towards us and pulled me away from his friend and towards his chest, his chest was still vibrating "MINE". 

I looked up from his chest, he glared at his friend who was looking back at him dumbfoundingly. As my hands had their own mind, they craved to connect with his perfect skin and so they made their way to his cheek and cupped them. He turned to look down at me, and at that moment I understood my life would never be the same after this.