Back in twelve

I wake up screaming, it's night like these that I really miss having Peeta to comfort me. I look down at the necklace I got from Annie, any had taken Peetas pearl and made it into a necklace. I never take it of. I go downstairs to and lay down on the sofa. The phone rings and it keeps ringing for a while. It's probably the doctor and I'm not in the mood to be spoken to like an insane person right now. I don't know what to do so I end up thinking about the games. About little Rue who died in my arms, or Peeta and me in that cave. I can't stay in here I run outside and around the side of my house, because now I'm pretty sure I can scream at the dead. When I see him, I pull up short. His face is flushed from digging up the ground under the windows. In a wheelbarrow are five shaggy bushes. "You're back," I say. "Dr. Aurelius wouldn't let me leave the hospital until yesterday," Peeta says back. "By the way, he said to tell you he can't keep pretending he's treating you forever. You have to pick up the phone." He looks well. Thin and covers with burn scars like me, but his eyes have lost their clouded tortured look. He's frowning slightly, though, as he takes me in. I make a half hearted effort to brush my hair out of my face when I realize it's matted into clumps. I feel defensive.
" What are you doing?"
"I went into the woods and dug up these. For her." He says "I thought we could plant them outside our house" I look at the bushes, the clods of dirt hanging from their roots, and catch my breath as the word rose registers. I'm about to yell vicious at Peeta when the full name comes to me. Not plain rose but evening primrose. The flower my sister names for. I can't help but throw my arm around him. "I have missed you, a lot" I say while tears start streaming down my face. He hesitates for a moment but then puts his arms around me. " You have no idea the affect you can have on people" he whisper back. I help him plant the roses. When we're done It's almost half past twelve and me and Peeta are sharing a house. And I fall asleep I can see her face, Prim she's smiling and we're back in twelve, before the hunger games, before her death that's when a huge explosion hits. I run after her, but I'm not fast enough. " Prim come here" I'm screaming at her. " Hurry, come quickly" but she doesn't move. She mouths my name and that's when she dies. I wake up screaming. Peeta runs into my room. "It's okey, its was just a dream" he softly says, like he did all those night on the train."Peeta?" I say gently "Yes Katniss" he awnser some back. Tears start running down my face again, " Will you stay with me?" I'm crying now, just thinking of the memories. He crawls into bed and kisses me on the forehead. "Always". He puts his arm around me and starts stroking my hair. We lay awake for a couple of hours and he asks me, "You love me, real or not real" and when he says that I say without any hesitation "Real".