Illegal

- Malaysia's POV -

that night, I lay in my new bed, unable to sleep.

i imagined being back with Ms Liz and going to a party with my friends.

I began to feel a sudden urge to 'step away from myself' if that makes any sense.

so I slowly sat up and trudged over to my drawer, moving my clothes out the way to reveal a half empty bottle of vodka, a pack of cigarettes, and two full bottles of Ambien (real medication i use to go high shhh).

I popped about four or five Ambien in my mouth, which is extremely dangerous if you knew this pill, and downed them with vodka.

afterwards, I opened the window and sat on the window seal, taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

I felt my head get blurry and I gladly welcomed the feeling of losing control of my thoughts and actions.

and to be 100% honest, I can't tell you a damn thing that happened after that.

- Demi's POV -

"Please, Wilmer, please!" I cried into the phone.

"Absolutely not." he said sternly.

I was crying uncontrollably and could barely talk through my sobs.

"p-please.... just this once. i-i swear I'm getting it together but I n-need you here. please!" I begged.

I heard him sigh and I knew his resolve was breaking, so I continued. "please, I'll do anything to have you back. just give me one more chance, Wilmer. I swear I can make this right if you just let me. I can't do this without you..." I whispered through tears.

I heard movement on the other end and then he spoke. "I'm on my way."

he seemed to be upset, I guess because he promised himself that he wouldn't come back until I got my shit together.

he had hung up before I could thank him but I was happy nonetheless.

I didn't bother getting out of bed, knowing that he knew the code to the front gate and that he had a key to the front door.

I must've dozed off because I woke up cuddled into Wilmer's side.

I smiled to myself and got out of bed to take a shower.

it was only like 7:30 but I'm so used to not sleeping at that I was fully regenerated from my 4 hour sleep.

I gathered my stuff and showered, taking my time.

I got out and dried myself off with one towel while wrapping my hair in another.

I had been so used to just changing in my room, that I forgot to bring my clothes in with me.

I bit my lip as I cracked the door open.

I wrapped my towel around my body. Wilmer wouldn't want to see me naked, we weren't 'together' anymore. he said he didn't want to be around me while I was acting up.

I snuck out the bathroom and went past the bed where Wilmer was asleep, to my drawer where I pulled out my underwear, a sports bra, some grey short shorts, and a white tank top.

I tiptoed back into the bathroom and changed into my clothes.

I dried my hair with my towel, meaning it was still damp.

I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, and put on deodorant and body spray before leaving the bathroom.

I laid back down beside Wilmer.

"you smell sooooo good." I heard him speak.

I smiled at him, his eyes were still closed but he smiled and opened them.

"you were a mess last night." he joked.

I laughed a little. "yeah. I know."

"you were sleeping so hard."

"I haven't slept a lot these past few nights." I admitted, my smile dropping.

he just sighed.

"I missed you so much, Wilmer, and I'm so sorry. I really want to fix this, and I really want us to be together again, because I love you. i promise to try as hard as I can to get better for you." i spoke, staring at the necklace he was wearing.

"that's not what I want. I don't want you to get better for me. I want you to get better for you. I can't stand to see you hurt yourself because it hurts me too. you were doing so good before but you were doing it for everyone else and not yourself. i love you, and I want to be with you too. but not until you're better and that's what I'm here to help you with." he said, stroking my damp hair.

I didn't say anything, just nodded.

Wilmer pulled me closer to him and I breathed in his scent, burying my face into his neck and gripped his black t shirt as tight as I could.

my whole body began to shake and I didn't even know what was happening.

I felt a great emotional pain in my chest. it hurt so bad emotionally that it was causing me physical pain.

I began sobbing into his neck and he tried to pull me back to look at me but I gripped him tighter. I didn't ever want to let him go.

after I calmed down, my mind drifted towards Malaysia.

it was still pretty early and it was a Saturday so she was probably still sleep.

it was dead silent for a while until the house phone rang.

Wilmer answered it for me.

I didn't pay much attention to his conversation as I was slipping back into sleep.

"uh... Demi, you may want to get up. we have to go to the police station."

•••