Jackie

Today had been so boring. After getting up two hours before I normally do, I had managed to complete everything I had written downf on my list of chores, leaving me with nothing to do. Just as I was getting up to make myself a pot noodle, my phone began ringing. A wide smile took over my face when I saw who it was. Mark. My best friend Mark. I quickly answered the phone letting out a long "Maaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk!"

I could almost hear his grin when he replied, "Hey Jackie,"

"What have I done to be blessed with a phone call from none other than Mark Tuan himself?" I asked teasingly.

"The sass isn't appreciated princess." He said darkly, but it didn't last long as I tried to interrupt him with an undignified "HEY!" causing him to burst into a fit of giggles

"Meanie!" I muttered,

"Am I really? And here I was, planning on asking if you wanted to go to the little café near your apartment..." he trailed off.

"I take it back you are the best best friend anyone could ask for," I said too quickly for my liking. Curse my love of caffeinated drinks.

He started laughing loudly, causing me to wince and hold my phone away from my ear, "Are you done yet?" I asked when the noise had lessened.

"Ye-yes. Sorry Jackie, but it's really easy to read you." He said, still trying to catch his breath,

"Yeah yeah," I said reluctantly,

"I'll see you there in half an hour?" he asked making sure I had enough time to get ready and get there. "Of course, see you soon Mark"

"See you there Jackie. Bye." He said ending the call.

I got up off the couch I had been lounging on checking my outfit. Not to blow my own horn but I looked good.
I had my favourite pair of ripped, blue skinny jeans, a Rolling Stones top, a baby blue bomber jacket and my white Vans.
Grabbing my keys and phone I left my house, making sure to lock the door before I went on my way.

If you can't tell, I like Mark, a lot. He is my best friend and he has been in my life for as long as I can remember and I never want that to change. But I want the way he sees me to change. You see, he only sees me as his best friend, the annoying younger sibling that you can't help but care for. I like him in the 'I want you to be my boyfriend' way. I care for him too much to tell him this though. I don't want him to avoid me or feel uncomfortable around me, so I'll keep it to myself for now.

I walked around the corner and arrived in front of the café. I stood there waiting on Mark showing up. This is what I get for showing up early, I tell myself. Suddenly I couldn't see anything. Someone was covering my eyes. I started panicking until I heard a familiar laugh. "You idiot! I almost had a heart attack!" I said tearing his hands away from my eyes.

"Yo-You sho-should have seen you fa-ace!" He said still laughing.

"You are buying me my coffee for this!" I said irritated,

"I would have been buying your coffee anyway, I still owe you from last time," He said after he stopped laughing, "l'll get you a cake though" he said slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Hmmmm...." I said looking at the menu, I wanted a chocolate cake but it was the most expensive thing there so I decided to say red velvet. "Can you get me the red velvet cake?" I asked him,

"No. I know you want the chocolate cake so that's what I'm getting you." He said not taking his eyes off the menu.

"Seriously it's fine Mark," I said feeling guilty for him buying me the chocolate cake,