Automotive revolution

Diego

Mr.Constantini

English 10

May 29, 2018

Hypercars, the pinnacle of automotive engineering, have changed the world forever. Hypercars have had the biggest car reveals ever seen since cars like the Ferrari Enzo. This means that they were received by the public and the world with a huge smile. A fast car, a hybrid and a beauty to look at, hypercars have shown us what a hybrid can do in the right hands. Companies like Porsche, Mclaren, Ferrari, etc. decided to take a shot at this type of market. Reason being that these cars are the future of all fast cars and normal cars. Also they saw an opportunity to show what hybrid cars are really capable of doing. First thought hybrids would only be able to reach the power of Toyota Prius, they have amazed every single car enthusiast. These cars go straight into the future "It heralds the future of the sports car and you can be there at the start."(Porsche 2015) Since the hypercars of the modern era started to rise to the surface, most cars have been changed in design. They have gotten slicker, more aerodynamic and more complex. They all have better technology, not only on the dashboard but also in the inside of the car. Things like the engine and all mechanical engineering have taken a huge leap into the future with new technology. These cars have shown us what technology can bring to transportation and it has made everything change for the automotive world.

The term 'hypercar' has been changed throughout time. There are various meanings that can be found, for example: "We would consider the definition of a supercar to be an eye catching factory stock car which accelerates faster and is more expensive than at least 98% of the other cars manufactured in the same year"(Zeroto60 2016). This is what a hypercar truly is. They are the best, the fastest, the smartest and the most eco-friendly race cars there are. The impact that these cars have brought is amazing. They have made every single supercar out there look like a newborn turtle crawling to the ocean, while they are the seagulls looking for a snack. It has come to the attention of many petrol heads (meaning people who love purebread petrol cars) that these cars are taking away their most valuable possessions and turning them into an antique. But against popular belief these cars are actually helping supercars up their game. They have done this by showing the world what a car can really do, as it doesn't always have to be a huge atmosphere killing engine. It can be an artistic mixture of both types of engineering. Also, hypercars were born because of what supercars have turned into. They are both amazing machines and were made to put a smile on a faces. To put it simple all hypercars are supercars but not all supercars are hypercars.
This amazing type of car was born to make a change in the world. The way that it has changed everything for good and is making human creativity reach for the sky. It has made car manufacturers use a lot of money to be able to make these outstanding machines. Even the biggest companies, that have to prove nothing, have dove into this new and amazing market. These hypercars are a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering, but to a whole other level. They take the term hybrid and smash it down. But as doing this they look elegant and have less carbon emission than a Toyota Prius. Every part that is built into the car is thought to give the most amazing ride. Because of this, everyone is changing their designs and they are changing the way that they build their cars. These cars have opened the door to a whole new world in the automotive industry. ("Supercars vs Hypercars - What Are Hypercars?" Zero To 60 Times, 21 Oct. 2016, www.zeroto60times.com/2013/01/supercars-vs-hypercars-definition/.)
All the cars out there are made for a purpose. Normal cars are made for comfort, transport and maybe to look good. Hybrids are made for people that want to pitch in a small piece of help to the world and put out less CO2 emissions. Supercars are made to go fast and let car enthusiasts show their spirit and their happiness on the track. But hypercars, they are made to give all of that in one. They are comfortable when they want to be, they can have less CO2 emissions than any other hybrid out there and they can also be a beast when out on the track. On the other hand, everything nice comes with a price. These cars are ridiculously high priced, and because of this not many people have them. Yes they are amazing, and yes they are game changing, but only the extremely wealthy can give themselves the luxury of owning such car. Considering this only 1% of the whole world could be able to buy this car. And this causes a huge problem. If technology like this is starting to come to life there has to be a way to outsource this to people that are not the 1% of the world. So comes the new era of hypercars, the era where there will be such cars that are not worth millions of dollars each, the era where every person will be able to have and drive this amazing new technological advancement. This will be achieved as more and more hypercars are created and since there is more stock there will be more consumers and less price. (Grabianowski, Ed. "How Hypercars Work." HowStuffWorks, HowStuffWorks, 4 Aug. 2016, auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/trends-innovations/hypercar.htm.)
These cars are the pinnacle of automotive technology in the modern era. The people who built them, designed them and test drove them all had a vision. They wanted to give the people something that they deserved, something for them to get crazy for and they did exactly that. They delivered one of the most amazing and thrilling cars in history. Even though they are immensely over priced there will come a day when everyone will be able to own these amazing pieces of technology. This is no longer a battle for the best car or the fastest one, it is a battle for the best sensation, for the biggest smile. These cars have really changed the whole world of the automotive industry.

"Figure 2f from: Irimia R, Gottschling M (2016) Taxonomic Revision of Rochefortia Sw.

(Ehretiaceae, Boraginales). Biodiversity Data Journal 4: e7720.

Https://Doi.org/10.3897/BDJ.4.e7720." doi:10.3897/bdj.4.e7720.figure2f.

Grabianowski, Ed. "How Hypercars Work." HowStuffWorks, HowStuffWorks, 4 Aug. 2016,

auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/trends-innovations/hypercar.htm.

"Oponeo.co.uk." Oponeo.co.uk - Tyres and Wheels Online, 6 Jan. 2017,

-industry.

"Supercars vs Hypercars - What Are Hypercars?" Zero To 60 Times, 21 Oct. 2016,

www.zeroto60times.com/2013/01/supercars-vs-hypercars-definition/.

"What's the Difference Between a Supercar, a Hypercar, and a Megacar?" Gloria Steinem on the

Relationship Between the Black Power and Women's Liberation Movements -- New York

Magazine,nymag.com/speed/2016/12/the-difference-between-a-supercar-a-hypercar-and-a-megacar.html.