Chapter 1

Jihoon stared down at the cuffs, sniffling and staying silent as he followed the officer in front of him. he felt ashamed of what he had done. getting himself thrown into prison was definitely not something he ever thought he'd do as a child.

The officers searched him, gave him his jumpsuit, bringing him into the wing he was given. Before leaving they uncuffed him, pointing out the bunk he was giving and handing him a pillow and a blanket. the cell door shut behind him and he took a step into the room. he felt eyes burning into him. some threatening and some friendly.

He pushed himself forward, keeping his attention of the eyes he was attracting, fixing up his bed and sitting in it, wiping a tear and running a hand through his hair.

"That's my bunk; get the fuck out."

Jihoons head snapped up to look at who said it. there was a black haired boy, staring at him with stern looking eyes. he couldn't tell if it was just his eye shape or if he was exaggerating his eye shape to look more threatening. truth is, it worked. jihoon looked at the man, anxiety building up.

"h-he told me it was this one.. this is bunk 11 right?... he said it was the bottom bunk." he answered, trying to not seem phased by it. the man's eyes softened and he saw a grin form.

"im fucking with you, no need to get worked up! yeah that's the right one. im uhh.. your bunkmate! kwon soonyoung."

Jihoon let out a sigh and glared. "Jihoon."

"got a last name Jihoon?" soonyoung raised a brow, leaning against the bunk. he noticed how upset Jihoon looked, throwing his hands up slightly and backing off" "okay, sorry bro. didn't mean to piss you off! it was a jo-"

"Lee."

"Huh?"

"Lee. my last name is Lee. Lee Jihoon." Jihoon sighed. "Sorry.. I have a bit of a temper. thats why im here"

Sooyoung eyes widened immediately, looking at Jihoon. "did you kill someone!?" he yelled out, catching others attention.

Jihoon quickly looked away and tried to hide himself. "n-no! be quiet!" Jihoon hissed. "i didn't kill anyone! i just.. vandalize someone's car." he felt humiliated as if he hadn't been embarrassed enough for even being there.

Sooyoung relaxed quickly and waved off everyone's gaze. He let out a chuckle and leaned forward, patting jihoons shoulder. "Good, you dont look like the type to murder someone short stuff."

Was soonyoung flirting with him? Jihoon forced an awkward smile and looked at soonyoung, slightly tense. this guy seemed so.. strange? maybe bipolar in a sense? Whatever it was Jihoon thought that maybe soonyoung was a good guy. as uncomfortable as he may feel this guy was his bunkmate and the only person who had bothered to talk to him.

"Yeah.."