Not a fairytale girl

I'm Ella Aurora. I know, I know, what a stupid name. Guess its no worse than my sisters, though, they're Belle Aurora and Ariel Aurora. Bell and Ariel are twins, and despite the names Ariel can't swim and Belle is dyslexic, and finds it hard to read. Me? I'm nothing like who I'm named after. I don't think I'll ever be into cleaning, cooking and being a personal servant for my mum, dad and sisters. No way. I also am minus the fairy godmother, but she would come in handy...

Anyway, so uh yeah, I'm Ella Aurora, 20 years old and living in my apartment in London, far away from my family who live in the Devon countryside. Oh, and one more thing, I absolutely hate fairytales.

*****

"Ella! Mr Parker wants a description of you to put on an official document! Hes not going to be wanting all this rubbish about fairytales, household chores and your family. Just, I don't know, write down all the things you can do and what you're good at and I'll write something that Mr Parker would actually print." Stephanie told me, shaking her head at the paper I had just handed her.

"Sorry, Stephanie. I guess I'm just a bit worried about going home tomorrow. I haven't seen everyone in ages." I replied, truthfully.

"Ok, just make sure to have the file on my desk in an hour, then you can go home and pack. I know how you are with leaving everything to the last minute, hmm?" she said, waving the document in my face.

"Thanks Steph, you're a life saver." she giggled at my reply.

"Flattery won't get you anywhere, Ella, and you know it. Anywho, I've gotta be going. Papers on my desk in a hour. See you!" Stephanie said, smiling at me as she disappeared down the corridor.

*****

"Trainers?" Stephanie asked.

"Check!" I replied.

"Pyjamas? Toothbrush? Washbag?"

"Check! Check! Check!"

"Enough clothes for all weathers?"

"Are you my mum or something? Of course I have!" She gave me a sarcastic wow-you're-so-funny look and carried on.

"Laptop? Phone? Both chargers? Money? Keys? ...Skis?"

"Skis? Its not like its going to snow in Devon, is it? Its bloody July moron!"

"Ok, ok, I see where you're coming from, but you never know..."

*****

I find myself walking towards a picturesque cottage. It has the ivy dancing around the door frame, and creeping up towards the windows, it has the beige colour with the deep, dark brown beams making lines across it in a Tudor style and a thatched roof that curves around the sides, making the house look smaller yet bigger at the same time. The flowerbeds out front are a work of art. Yellow to pink, orange to blue, lilys to daisy, sunflowers to tulips. Nothing looks out of place.

I lift my bag out of the trunk and approach my childhood home with confidence. I can't wait to see mum and dad. And my sisters. Its good to be home.

The fresh air is soon plagued with the smell of everything the country has to offer; animals, mud and manure. Still, wouldn't be home without it.

I knock on the door and I see Ariel standing at the door.

"Ella! Haven't seen you in ages, babe, we missed you." she screamed, greeting me with a hug.

"Aww missed you too Ariel. Wheres Belle?" I asked.

"Probably upstairs doing homework. Anyway come in, and I'll take your bags up."

I walk in and Ariel grabs my bags and lug them upstairs. Despite being younger than me, shes very strong. The difference with Ariel and Belle is that Ariel tries to act older than she is, and Belle clings to her youth. Whereas Ariel is quite loud and over the top, Belle is quiet and sweet. Or at least thats what it was like 3years ago when I lived here. I still love them both the same.

"BELLE!" I scream.

"ELLA!" she screams back, appearing from nowhere and wrapping her arms around me.

"I missed you guys!"

"You know we missed you more!"

"Impossible"

"Not"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"SHUT UP! Gees Ella, you've only just got here, and you're arguing about who missed who the most!" Ariel squeals from downstairs.

Maybe they have changed a bit...just a bit, though...