The Life Of Mary Daskin - Short Story

On 28th April 1990, there was a young girl named Mary Daskin who was just born. Her parents died in a car crash in 1993. Her nanny took care of her. She always wanted to find a friend but she had cancer and would not speak to anyone. She would only speak when she needed to as she wasn't used to talking. Her life was simple yet empty, filled with sorrows and pain.

In 1996, she met this guy named Jack Densfroth. He was a kind generous boy who is one year older to her. He was diagnosed with bone cancer in the left arm and his left leg. Mary and Jack became best friends and they always hung out together. They went to carnivals, shops, and many other places. They used to go to the carnival once every two weeks and share cotton candy, an ice cream, or even a drink.

They we so close until he even moved in with her and they were like brothers and sisters. He actually liked her and so did she like him but they do not know this. They we best friends until he was 19, got a scholarship, and had to go to London University for U.K.

He went with Mary to the airport and they were extremely sad as they had to leave each other. Mary had said her goodbye and Jack left. He boarded the plane safely, until 30 minutes before landing the plane crashed down, burst into flames, and he got into a coma. She went over to the hospital that night and sat there, waiting for him anxiously, until the nurse came out and called for her. She sat there through weeks and sleeping only one day per week. She even passed out a couple of times.

She started remembering her past. All the times they had together. She started speaking to him. "I wish I could have stopped you from boarding that plane. I am so sorry jack, I am so sorry", Mary cried. "How am I supposed to live with my self knowing its my fault.", holding his hand. Jack was not only in a coma but he was severely injured, having a part of the wing stuck through his right leg. She sat there, crying and crying until her nanny came to bring her home. Mary refused. She said "I love you jack densfroth, I do". She was almost leaving his hand and walking away when he got up from his coma, grabbed her hand, and said "Mary, I love you too"....