Chapter 1

Hey Guys! I'm Velvet, and first off I want to welcome you to my first book! I've never published one of my stories, or shared any of them to anyone really. I'm Latin, so you'll find a lot of spelling errors, and for that, I'm truly sorry, If you guys could correct some of my mistakes that would be awesome! Well, I hope you enjoy!<3

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

My name is Anathema, Anathema Croft, I am currently nine years old. Although I am rather young, you could say that I have a mind of a tweenty  year old person, or even more old. I live at a village called 'Mystic Kallony' in the kindome of Avalon. My family is the oldest and richest one on town. As rich as the Lords family bloodline. My mother is a Mage, a powerful one at that. She is very kind and polite, she has a warm heart and always smiles, she is a very gentle woman, not to mention that she is very beautiful and smart. My father, well, I don't know much of him or what he does, I only know that my family is rich from father's side, my mother wasen't in posseion of so many money, but she wasen't poor either. Although I do not know much from my father's past or heritage from his part, he is very kind and warm hearted, just like my mother. He makes god awful jokes, but he always makes me smile. He is very gentle and sweet, he would do anything for me and my mother. I've always said that he is my spirit animal.

A side from all the money and things I have, I am really poor. How? Well, poor in the way that I don't have any friends, or social life at that. I am not allowed to leave the manner. My parents just won't allow it, they say it's far too dangerous for me to just even go to the guarden, thus, I don't know what the outside world is like. I do not have any siblings, I don't know why though. My parents have enough money to raise another child, but which ever the reason was they simple never gave in the thought of having another kid around the house.

You'd wonder if it gets boring and lonely by the past of years stuck in the house with not much to do, well, of course it gets that way. But, I always find something to do and get entertained with. I have mage blood running throw my veins, I have a lot of stuff to do. My mother teaches me many things, she has been both my mentor and tutor throughout the years. I have Intellectual giftedness thanks to her and her teaching. I know a little about everything and anything, the basics of whatever you could imagine just in case something happens one day, you never truly know. Thus, I spend my day reading magic books, casting spells, practice new ones, brewing potions, mixing them, reading more books and learning about the mages history with ordinary humans and such.

When I get bored or tired of doing mage stuff I go to the library of my house; there is every book about everything you can imagine, all the answers to different things in life are there. It's a big and old library, but there is a lot of useful books. There are separated categories, from entertainment to history, from history to mathematical solutions and equations with all the levels of difficulty created to science discovery's. I personally enjoy reading history books. I spend hours and hours reading them, I find them quite fascinating. There are many stories and legends that I found amusing, but there has always been a topic that I enjoy the most: The Sacred Gods of Avalon. Legend has it that they were picked by they're previous generation, there have only been two and they say that one still lives here on earth. I do not know if the rumors are true, I have only been told by my father these rumors, since the books only say facts and real information. Of course, I never really knew if the so-called rumors were true, since I never go outside.

My parents don't really go out either. My mother has never gotten outside since she married my father, or that's what they told me. My father just goes out on my birthdays and other random days to go speak with the Lord of the village. I don't know what they talk about, I don't really care either since it's none of my business. I just care that my father comes back in one peace and is in perfect state. He's buff, he's really tall and has a strong figure, a really manly shape. He's literally four times my size, since I'm really small and skinny. He can be intimidating when he wants to be, and very, very, very scary. If I didn't know him, I would be afraid of him. But he is an unharmful fellow.

One day while I was reading a book casually in my desk beside my dark window, I heard a laughter from outside. There was a curtain in the window, blocking my, and everybody who glared to the window's view. The glass was tainted black, so even if the curtain wasn't their, nobody could still watch throw the window, except for those inside the house and looking out, like me right now. I gently placed my tiny hand where the end of the curtain was, moving it slowly and peeking my small head as I removed a little bit of the curtain from the window. I could see a female child, just about my age judging from her height and fiscal appearance. She had a dog a long side her, she had light brown mixed with some blond hair, it was long and wrapped up on a pony tail, she had braids on each side of her head, it looked nice and fancy, very pretty as well. She had a dress that fell to her knees, it was slightly green and complimented her green emerald mixed with gray eyes, the dress had butterflies decorating it too. She looked very pretty and innocent, delicate and childish too. I really wanted to talk to her and befriend her, she looked like a really nice young girl. But, I couldn't. This got me upset, but there was nothing I could do about it either. I couldn't leave the confines of the manner, 'the outside world is far too dangerous for my little girl to face', that's what my father says.

I watch the little girl play with enthusiasm with her small companion. It looked like both were having a lot of fun. I didn't envy her, or other people that I saw outside, there was no reason to do so. My parents were the best, they treated me so well and I loved them a lot, I knew they had reasons to keep me in the house, and that they hate to do so, but they only wish to protect me, they're little girl. They're my best friends, the only friends I really need.

I just hoped that someday I could go outside, just for a brief moment. I am still a child, for crying out loud.