Chapter 4: "Olaf, you're melting!"

Harper's POV

My head was bumping against the window, causing me to wake up. As my eyes fluttered open and my head lifted off the window, I looked around. To my surprise Austin and I were still driving, even though I thought we should've been home by now. I looked over at Austin, he had his eyes fixed to the road and was wearing a blank expression-much different to his usual happy one. Clearing my throat I spoke, "are you okay?" I asked. Austin jumped and swerved a little, guess he didn't expect that.

"You scared me! When did you wake up? I'm fine!" he said extremely quickly, like he was hiding something.

Like usual I brush off the weird vibes and pretend it didn't happen.

"You're usually smiling-but you weren't and I only just woke u-" I was cut off by a yawn, mid-sentence.

"Ah okay, did I wake you again?" Austin asked, his smile returning to his face.

"No, my head was bumping against the window a lot. Hey, where are we?" I asked, noticing the sunset in the distant and the different surroundings.

"Uh, we, uh, are taking, a-a, detour?" He said, sounding unsure of his answer.

"Alright, now tell me the truth, where are we?" I repeated, looking at him and glancing about.

We were driving down a long straight road that looked like it could go on forever. Forests lined the side of it, the occasional gravel path and mail box probably leading to someones house popped up. But what was weird was that the multiple cars from earlier, with the guys in them, was following behind us. Austin chocked a little on his own words before visibly gulping.

"Look, I don't want to have to do this but-but,GAH!" Austin shouted, causing me to jump this time.

Silence enveloped the car as neither of us said a word. Beads of sweat forming on my face and dripping. Shit. Is all I could think. My body began to heat up as fear crept up on me. I'm scared. I looked away from Austin, trying my best not to show it. Questions raced through my mind. Where is he taking me? Am I being Kidnapped? What is happening? I wiped my forehead as my breathing picked up.

"Okay look, please don't be scared but-" Austin started, pausing to find the right words.

Did he like read my mind or what?

"-but, I'm taking you to my house till next Monday, you need the rest and Devon thought it was best. I protested, asking him to wait till you wake up for what you wanna do, but he insisted," Devon finished explaining.

"H-how am I supposed to believe that, when we have the cars filled with guys from before FOLLOWING us!" I quizzed.

A look of realisation crossed his face and I swear I heard him mumble 'shit' under his breath. Before he could answer his phone rang. Picking it up he answered and lent it against his ear. After a moment he groaned and handed it to me.

"Put it on speaker," he demanded.

Pressing the speaker button I notced the familiar name on the screen.

"Devon what the fuck!?" I yelled into the phone.

"Jesus Christ, everyone's confused because you swerved Austin-twice. What is happening?" Devon questioned, completely ignoring me.

"Harper woke up and gave me a fright-Hey Devon? Why don't you tell her what's going on?" Austin replied.

Devon groaned for a solid 5 seconds before speaking again.

"Look Harper, you're just gonna stay with Austin till the end of next week okay?" Devon stated.

I looked at Austin then the phone.