Chapter Four

Now tell me you aren't in danger,” Ben looked down at her.

“Ok, so maybe what I did wasn’t the smartest thing in the world,” Kyra sat herself down on the couch. Her knees had gotten weak. “But it’s hard for me just to set still.” She opened the computer, turning it back on. “It’s my brother, what do you expect me to do? Plus you got to see what I found out.”

“Are you seriously looking them up on the net now too?” He came over, setting down beside her. She pulled up the picture of the girl as she waited for the machine to connect to the hotel’s wireless internet. “Who’s that?”

“Gabriela Martinez.”

He looked at her, “You found her on the internet?”

“Sure did, and that’s not all…. My neighbor, Anita Foster,” she typed in the last name again, the search page quickly pulling up. She clicked on the link she had earlier, “She’s a Martinez, too.”

“Wow,” he looked at the picture. “I never would've noticed it.” He looked back at the smiling green eyes. “What made you think of that?”

“I knew something was off with Anita after my first visit down to the diner. I had just went in to see if anyone had been there looking for me. She told me two girls had. One of them fit Anita. But like I told you, she has my number. She’d just call me like she has for the last four years. So I know she didn’t leave the note on the door. And she also told Micky-”

“Who’s Micky?”

“My friend at work…. But Anita told her she knocked on the door this morning. No one knocked or it would have woke me up.”

“You’re sure it would of?” Ben looked at her.

“Positive. I’ve never slept through someone knocking; besides the door’s right below my room.” She met his brown eyes.

“Who was the other girl?”

“Tiffany…. At least I think it was.”

“What did she want?”

“She just asked for me, and said she'd come back later.”

“Harper said she came over to his place mad.”

“And it had to do with Nicky.”

“You’re pretty good at this,” he smiled at her. “See what you else can find on Tiffany, Anita, and Gabriela. I need to make a phone call.”

“Ok,” she turned back to the computer. She typed in Tiffany’s name first. All she managed to get on her was an address and phone number. She found a pen and some paper, writing it down. Anita’s name didn’t bring up any more information either. When she typed in Gabriela Martinez, newspaper articles came up. She had gotten a scholarship, was top in her class, valedictorian, nothing but a good little girl. In one of the articles, it mentioned her parents, Carlos and Isabella Martinez. There wasn’t an address or anything.

She decided to take a chance while Ben was outside on the balcony. She typed in Diego Martinez. All kinds of stuff popped up from his name. She was able to get an address and a phone number. There were also all kinds of newspaper articles on him.

“So what did you find out?” Ben came back inside.

“Not a whole lot,” Kyra answered, closing the internet.

“Why were you looking him up?” His tone got deeper with frustration.

“Because he’s the link to what is possibly my brother’s baby.”