1 (re-done)

Uh, I can explain? So, like, I re-read the book and I was like huh this could be okay if I RE-DO it. Now, it isn't going to go so fast, and it'll be easier to understand. My writing in this book is so bad I had to take a second to recollect myself just to finish it, LOL! Anyways, so yeah  I won't be killing off this book, after all, just redoing it!

     I haven't spoken to Maxon in 3 whole days. Not a sound, word, or glance of him at all. I knew I had messed up very badly this time. 

   My chest was constricted with an invisible band as we sat down in the report room, side by side. This was my first looked at him in 3 days. Maxon had vibrant bags under his eyes, a dark shadow cast on his jaw, and chin.

     Today was the day where the Selection will put to an end. Where in no doubt he will send me home. I mean who wouldn't after what had happened? I couldn't even forgive myself. What I did was unspeakable, and I wish I could take every moment back. I love Maxon, and just thinking about hurting him made my stomach squeeze with sadness.

     The lights streamed down upon us three, Maxon, Kriss and I, as they got the finishing touches to the set done to go live. The Queen and King sat in the front of them directing orders on where things should be placed, and how it should look.

   The other Selected neatly filled in the chairs, looking up on the stage. I avoided my gaze from them, not having the courage to face any questioning eyes.

    I could feel his cold, icy glare, even though he never looked at me, only to Kriss. He grabbed her hand gently, skimming his fingers on top of her skin. Everything he did to her only made my heart hut more, my breathing shallow, my face looks more upset. I have heard the countless sweet things he has said to her about how he couldn't wait to be her husband. She only giggled telling him to be quiet, and poke her head towards me.

  As if it mattered.

     My breaking point was near, and it soon burst when I saw him leaning in towards a kiss. Kriss face looked pleased, but also nervous, as she fluttered her eyes closed. I couldn't do this anymore.

   My breathing got stuck in my throat, my heart that was already beating, sped up like crazy. I felt my blood turn me hot. I needed him, and he was making it so clear and visible that he didn't even know who I was, treated me like he has never met me. He could live without me, and that made me get pushed over the edge.

    I had realized he was going to pick her, it had settled in and I didn't want that feeling. I didn't want to know I was never going to see him again. I didn't want to know I would be home crying for days, not being able to love anyone ever again. I could never ever marry the guy I thought I would, Aspen. 

  My body started to shake, light trimmers sweeping their way through me. I started to sweat the intensity of the lights beaming down on us not helping at all. I needed to leave, to get out of here, away from them. I couldn't bear it, my aching chest could only handle so much before I break down completely.

     I go to get up from my chair, making it only about 2 tiny steps, tears prickling my eyes. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, but that didn't matter when I felt a hand come around and grasp my wrist in their hand. 

  They tug at my hand, spinning me around to face them. Maxon. Tears cascaded down my face freely, my eyebrows drawn.

      He looks down at me, before looking to the side of him, a scowl placed on his face creasing his eyes.

     "Where do you think you're going?" His voice had made me wince, the coldness and distant feeling echoing through the room made my heart drop to my stomach, this wasn't him.