(I'm going to start putting Selection meme's at the start of my chapters to make you all feel better.)

   Maxon has rushed me away from Daphne before any more sarcastic comments, and little jabs could be thrown. Every time we would make a remark Maxon would cringe, his face flinching. 

  After I had thrust my left hand in the middle and smiled down at it telling them how much I loved my ring,   Maxon had excused us to leave. Daphne's face looked like a huge tomato as I gave a smirk, wrapping my arm around his.

    "That was so uncalled for," he mumbled walking me away from the chaos behind us. The beautiful melody of piano notes filled the air everywhere we were walking.

    I couldn't help but let out a small whispered laugh, "She was getting on my nerves to be fair." My hair had started to get sore from being pinned up so tightly, I let out a soft whimper as I try to touch it. 

    Maxon's big brown eyes turned to the side and looked at me with concern, "Everything alright?" He seemed to have forgotten about our talk and unlinked our arms.

    He stood in front of me, his stance alone bringing comfort. I give a small nod, my tiara moving along with me, "Yes, my hair is just sore."  I grasped his hand back in mine, his skin soothing me.

    Maxon laced his hand in equal pressure, pulling me towards his side. I smelled his cologne as I softly laid my head to the best of my abilities on his shoulder. His other hand wrapped around me in the back, pressing on my lower back.

    "It's getting late do you want to head up and call it a night?" He asked the only sound is his sweet voice and our shoes walking on the tiled floor.

   You could still hear the party in the other room, but we didn't care. We wanted each other presence. After three days of silent treatment, I just wanted to be wrapped in his strong comforting arms, lay my head on his chest and breathe him in.

    The sun was going down, the palace glowing a beautiful gold color, I breathed in deeply, my chest feels so much better than what it had been hours ago. My heart also felt mended, not broken like it did this morning.

   He took my hand pulling on it, and I looked over at him, "Do I have to sleep in the Princess Room if I do?" I frowned, not wanting to be away from him all night.

    "As if I'll ever let you sleep alone again," Maxon mused, his voice light and happy as his hand squeezed my small one. 

      My heart swelled with love as I look over at him letting a grin take over my face, "Then yes I'd like to call it a night." He wrapped his free arm around my back, walking us to his room. I kept my head on his shoulder mostly because I was very tired, and his smell intoxicated me like none other.

     Guards gave us nods as we walked by Maxon nodding solemnly back. As we got further away from the party I could still hear the music and laughter the party contained. Even if we weren't in it people were still having the time of their lives and I was thankful for that.

    Maxon had walked us up the 2 flight of stairs taking our time, not in any need to rush. My heels clicked on the marbled golden floor was we made our way deeper into the palace. We rounded the corner leading us to his room. The door was closed, two guards that are usually here no longer. My cheeks heated up at that, them probably wanting to give us some privacy. 

     "Since we didn't stop to get your proper sleeping wear at your room, I'd figure you can just borrow some things from your new room." Maxon opened up his room door and we walked in there together.

    I glanced over at him raising my eyebrows, "New room?" I asked, untangling myself from him standing in front of him a lazy grin spread across his features.